P3 vs P3 Pro for mapping

Reaction score
I was told by one of the mapping companies that a regular P3 does not work as well as the P3 Pro or Advanced.

What would be the reason for that?

I have already purchased a P4P+ which I had not realized would not work with these mapping applications, so I don't want to spend more than necessary, and will use a regular P3 if I can get by with that.

I am not sure if you if you mean p3s when you say a regular p3, but a p3s have a limited range and that makes it unsuitable for mapping.

Why not get a regular remote control for your p4p? It is expensive to have to different drones (batteries, chargers and backpacks). Map pilot is working with p4p since the 20th of december and I think the p4p is superior to p3:s when you are mapping.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I was thinking it might not be a bad idea to use the P4P+ for oblique photos and vido and a P3P for mapping.

Do you use the P4P to do mapping? I suppose the images are a little better and with a narrower field of view, jobs could be flown a little higher if necessary.

If I buy a regular remote, can I still switch back to the one with the built in screen easily?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94