P3 v P2V+

My P2V+ (v3) will be delivered tomorrow. I already talked to DJI and they told me I can refuse delivery and exchange it for a P3. I have a V+ now with a bad camera I need to get fixed. I am betting V2s and parts are going to fall in price shortly :)

So... I have a few hours to decide. I might just take delivery on the V3 and wait for a deal on camera and pedal the other one when I get it fixed and then once the P3s are stock order another..

Decisions decisions. Might take a while for the antenna upgrades to catch up for the P3s anyway.

Yea I agree cahutch. I am trying to get a replacement camera bought for my current bird and if I do at a decent price I will reject my shipment tomorrow as DJI told me to do and wait it out on the P3s.

It's using a different GPS receiver that handles both US GPS + Russian Glonass sats.
It's not going to be suitable for the P2V+

I'm curious.. is the capturing of sats done all in the chip and antenna in the GPS module? If so, then the data is passed to the NAZA?. It may be compatible (modded cable maybe) as the phantom just looks at the number of sats and their position. The phantom does [edit] NOT discriminate whether its Russian or from the States.

Last edited:
I'm curious.. is the capturing of sats done all in the chip and antenna in the GPS module? If so, then the data is passed to the NAZA?. It may be compatible (modded cable maybe) as the phantom just looks at the number of sats and their position. It does discriminate whether its Russian or from the States.

Yes, the GPS module/PCB contains the uBlox NEO-6Q receiver (engine), antenna, and all other support materials. It does all the work. The data is sent to an imbedded processor on the main PCB along with Compass, smart battery, etc. This data is then parsed by the processor and sent to the Naza via it's 'EXP' port.

Currently, the P2 GPS engine is not GLONASS capable.

My thought on the P3 is that since it's a P2V+/Inspire hybrid, the kinks will be worked out since they know where they went wrong on both platforms by now. I have a P2V+ now and bought a P3A yesterday figuring I'd fly the P3 and figure out whether it is better (ie not buggy, etc) and sell one or the other.... or just keep both if I can't decide :) But if you're enjoying your P2V+ then don't lose sleep over it. The P3 price isn't going to go up, and you're right, you can sit back and laugh at me and others once the flyaways start ;)

+1

I don't think any P3 users will be beta testers.
Everything on this Frankenstien has been proven from other platforms and models..

The P3 advanced model was what I expected when I first got Vision Plus back in April 2014. The camera was such a let down that converted my vplus to a H33d GoPro.

The only weakness I can see is the gimbal and camera. If they have improved by no longer using the press-fit-magnetically held D-shaft. That would stop the camera popping off and tearing the cable.

I have to admit, the rectilinear camera with no fish eye and lightbridge is such a turn on.

If you are the first vision and vision plus (non-upgrade) owners and haven't crashed then you deserve to upgrade. This is what I'm trying to sell my self :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20