P3 STD RainProof

I am not sure how would you use Rust-oleum to make it water proof. You need to seal heat vents, motors....

Ideally speaking, vents should have louvres, motors should be mounted upside down....

wont work

DONT DO IT.....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That would ruin a perfectly good drone. The P3 inherently needs to be cooled, hence was designed with vents for that purpose. Plugging those vents will hinder the drone to fly reliably in good weather, 75F. It will void any warranty also.

I am not sure how would you use Rust-oleum to make it water proof. You need to seal heat vents, motors....

Ideally speaking, vents should have louvres, motors should be mounted upside down....
He is talking about coating the electronics so that the water doesn't have a chance to corrode it. Neverwet will make the water slide right off.

Motors are brushless, nothing to short and no issues (except maybe bearings). Electronics could be coated but not sure what you would effect like the barometer which needs to breath to work properly. I'm not familiar with the rustoleum product as a 2 part system. You don't need to cover the vents if the electronics are protected; you don't want water to collect and puddle inside. I won't say it wouldn't work, but it could be costly if you get it wrong.

The camera, optics and complexity of the gimbal are a whole other beast if you are planning on flying those in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Motors mounted upside down? Would that negate the aircraft from finding its natural center of gravity...per say?

The idea is to place the product in the inner plates , and the gimbal , and also outside but without any sealing air inlet. and the goal is to not dive with the drone but do filming on rainy days .

The idea is to place the product in the inner plates , and the gimbal , and also outside but without any sealing air inlet. and the goal is to not dive with the drone but do filming on rainy days .
Mount an umbrella on the front? ;)

Gonna blow up the P3.. Just shoot it that would be at least a little entertaining.

Motors mounted upside down? Would that negate the aircraft from finding its natural center of gravity...per say?

You look at the P3 design today. Where is the CG? Have you noticed that it's free fall is always upside down. What does it indicate? It's top and nose heavy.

There are drones with motors designed upside down.

You look at the P3 design today. Where is the CG? Have you noticed that it's free fall is always upside down. What does it indicate?

There are drones with motors designed upside down.
Haven't crashed my drone yet to view the tumble. But I see your point, its TOP Heavy thus negating any attempt to self level

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT