P3 Standard gimbal mount

Shoot4fun

Drone bum...
Reaction score
Well, it would seem that trees and drones do not play well together...Anyone have a gimbal laying around doing nothing you'd like to be rid of? ?
And before anyone asks, no I didn't have aftermarket blades on... ?

Attachments

• 20190625_151456.jpg
    20190625_151456.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 317
  • 20190625_151516.jpg
    20190625_151516.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Dang shooter! I sure hate that for you man. I don't have any p3s parts but I'm sure somebody'll trip along here shortly that does.

Good luck getting 'er back together, hope you get back in the air soon.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Dang shooter! I sure hate that for you man. I don't have any p3s parts but I'm sure somebody'll trip along here shortly that does.

Good luck getting 'er back together, hope you get back in the air soon.
It ain't her first crash. Worst one yet, but I'll get her back in the air before too long. Lesson here is this: Don't try to fly your drone over your field as you're cutting hay... Follow wasn't wanting to work, so I thought I'd just run things from the tractor. All went well till I sent it back to home. Apparently it got too close to the ONLY FRIGGIN TREE in the area! All I could do was watch in horror... ? Soon as I figure out how to load videos here I'll post the catastrophic results!

Brad

After the dust settled and my heart rate dropped back to near normal, I've assessed the damage. The yaw arm is toast for sure. The bigger issue is the 2 wires hanging out the bottom of my bird...
Edit: I've read some other posts and learned a few things. The wires are for the WiFi antennas. I'm learnin...

Attachments

• 20190625_152526.jpg
    20190625_152526.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Just ordered some parts to get it to a point I can see what all does and doesn't work... Yaw arm repair kit, wiFi antennas, bottle of Elijah Craig small batch bourbon... ?

I pulled the SD card out of my camera after my crash to check the video. It had one right before, where I'd taken off even though my live feed wasn't working. The next one is the final flight and it won't play so I'm assuming the sudden separation of camera from drone didn't allow it to finalize. Is there any way to recover this video?

Brad

Is there any way to recover this video?
The best 'surefire way' is to put it (the sd card) back in the the same bird and turn it back on. After it initialises it will close the video and will be viewable.

If you can't do that there are video repair apps you could download. VLC will work sometimes, if that doesn't do it there are others. Good luck

The best 'surefire way' is to put it back in the the same bird and turn it back on. After it initialises it will close the video and will be viewable.

If you can't do that there are video repair apps you could download. VLC will work sometimes, if that doesn't do it there are others. Good luck
?Thanks bean! I was hoping it would do its thing once I get it back together and put the card back in it. I'd really like to see what was going on in the last few seconds. I was 350-400 yds away, and all I could do was cringe and hope for the best. I did look at the telemetry and it clearly wasn't going back to its home point like I asked it to. Just like a dang kid, never does what its told... ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj