P3 Pro Erratic Hover (Goes up & down)

Reaction score
Hi, I've just purchased a 2nd hand P3 Pro but I'm having a couple of issues with it.

When I take off, it wants to float up & down,
From a 2 metre height it floats back down to ground level as though the bottom sensors or barometer aren't working & will just go up once it gets to ground level. It won't hold it's height level.

I've calibrated the IMU & compass & still no change.
The GPS seems to be working as it will hold in the one position fine, but just floats down to ground level.
It's also hard to land & want to tip over as it doesn't seem to realise it's on the deck (That points to the Vision Positioning Sensor)

This is my 2nd P3 Pro, my first one had no issues like this & I also have a Mavic Pro.

Is there any way i can test the VPS? is there any software that to show if it is functioning correctly?

Thanks

Is there any way i can test the VPS? is there any software that to show if it is functioning correctly?
Just turn the VPS off. It is not very useful anyway. That should solve the issue. I never use it. It will hover much better without it.

Also - if you are flying over grass - this can lack substance for the VPS to work properly.

What happens when you ascend to about 4 - 5m high ? VPS acts primarily in the up to 3m height ... some say 10m but that's extremely optimistic rubbish !!

As Fly Dawg says - you can literally switch it off unless you want it for indoor flight.

Nigel

I had the same problem when I tried auto take off for the first time recently after flying my p3p for a few years manually taking off, switched off VPS and all perfect and as fly dawg mentioned it's not useful anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav