P3 Pilot app question... Noob

Reaction score
In regards to this statement: "The great thing about registering is that all your flights will be tracked and documented through the app"

Could a subpoena be issued for such data ?

Good question! I believe a subpoena can be issued for anything the authorities think will help their case...

In regards to this statement: "The great thing about registering is that all your flights will be tracked and documented through the app"

Definitely a good question to raise. Would agree with the comment above. If it can be determined that it will assist, they most definitely can.

Let's just hope they are doing it because you filmed something that could help them rather than because you f'd up.

Reactions: iahphantom

Does anyone know if such data is only locally stored in the app or is the data uploaded to DJI's servers?

I'm sure there's sometihng in the EULA that covers them keeping the data for "research purposes".... depending on where the data is physically stored, not sure China would recognize a subpoena from the U.S.

I am just browsing around the app to get familiar with it until my P3 arrives. One of the functions I couldn't figure out was the "Follow" option which was clearly stated that wont be included but developed. Does this button have a different function than we expect? I apologize if it's a dumb question, this is my first time using a DJI app.

Attachments

• IMG_4169.PNG
    IMG_4169.PNG
    396.7 KB · Views: 413
I am just browsing around the app to get familiar with it until my P3 arrives. One of the functions I couldn't figure out was the "Follow" option which was clearly stated that wont be included but developed. Does this button have a different function than we expect? I apologize if it's a dumb question, this is my first time using a DJI app.
I don't have sound on my computer but looks like they cover it briefly here at around the 7:40 mark:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Please report back, I've been curious about that button too. Thanks

I believe that has to do with were the camera points on the inspire since it has the 360 degree camera. It's not a "follow me".

I don't have sound on my computer but looks like they cover it briefly here at around the 7:40 mark:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Please report back, I've been curious about that button too. Thanks

It seems like it is for the gimbal mode

Is the Pilot app the same on a Nvidea as it is on an IOS device? I saw some comment about the simulator not being available on the android version. Any truth to this?

Thanks,
WPS

Efecan, what version is that app.?
And is your Phantom Pro. or Adv.?
We better keep in touch with you. Here is our page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCie7aTz6ttjCy3X3ZY1OYQg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.