P3 gimbal calibrates, then flops

Reaction score
Hi all - first time poster.

I received my P3 pro yesterday and had a blast taking it out for the first time.

I'm having issues with my gimbal now, though. Upon start up, the gimbal calibrates but then around 5/10 seconds later it just flops and dies. No live view to my mobile device. Nothing.

I've tried several restarts to no avail.

On one occasion, once the gimbal had powered up, I moved the aircraft around to see if the gimbal would respond. It did, but then beeped twice and died again 5/10 seconds later.

I updated the firmware before my maiden flight but will try again. I'm not sure it will let me update again seeing as though I am up to date already.

Help is much appreciated!

Thanks.

Exact same issue here coupled with abnormal compass error... My gimbal is just limp. Exactly 3rd flight after the firmware update. No fixes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I tried re-updating the firmware but it won't copy over the same version.

Luckily the issue seemed to disappear after taking SD card and battery out and restarting the aircraft.

Must be a firmware bug.

I just had a similar situation where the camera seemed OK on startup but would die after a few seconds.
I did everything I could think of and nothing helped .... until I took out the SD card.
Talked to my dealer and he's heard of a few doing this.
If the Phantom doesn't read or like the SD card on startup, it switches the camera off.

A good reason to have a spare card or two in your bag - as well as for those times you leave the card in the computer.

Reactions: bobmyers
I took it out it didn't work. I can't find my spares at the moment.. Do I need to have a different SD card or can I just not use one? It would be amazing if all my issues were fixed with a new SD card

I took it out it didn't work. I can't find my spares at the moment.. Do I need to have a different SD card or can I just not use one? It would be amazing if all my issues were fixed with a new SD card

You don't need one in. I've flown numerous times without one (unintentionally).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic