P3 Forum Newbie Confusion

Reaction score
To begin with if you're a newbie seeking info related to the P3, the very good way to an answer to a question would be by,....using the Search feature. And whether you are reading from searched threads, or one you posted yourself, it's a good idea to pay attention to a member's registered date below their avatar. In most cases you will get a more experienced response from someone that has been around longer.

I see members with 4-8 weeks of membership responding with not so good advice. Not always, just some more often then not. And the reason this happens to begin with is due to the type of thread itself. There two things happening here. 1st those that have been here for a length of time has already answered the question a number of times and since become burnt out on the common questions and in most cases that person doesn't even enter the thread. And the other thing/reason this should also explain why the member with 4-8 weeks membership is responding. If it wasn't for that member's response, there wouldn't be any.

So this brings us back to the beginning to close the circle which has to do with doing a Search. If you're a newbie, your best option is using the search and then pay attention to those with more senior registered dates.

Also, one added tip....when you read from a senior's post, try taking notice of the little mentioned details included in their post. I say this because there unwritten reasons generally why these small details exist. An example could be; Say the senior member mentioned they only use half throttle until reaching 100ft altitude. There is going to be a reason for that and one that you may never hear or know about. And it could be a very useful piece of information to have knowledge about. Now I just used that as an example and as far as I know there is no reason for staying at half throttle. But the point I'm making could be something worth checking into and asking about.

To begin with if you're a newbie seeking info related to the P3, the very good way to an answer to a question would be by,....using the Search feature. And whether you are reading from searched threads, or one you posted yourself, it's a good idea to pay attention to a member's registered date below their avatar. In most cases you will get a more experienced response from someone that has been around longer.

I see members with 4-8 weeks of membership responding with not so good advice. Not always, just some more often then not. And the reason this happens to begin with is due to the type of thread itself. There two things happening here. 1st those that have been here for a length of time has already answered the question a number of times and since become burnt out on the common questions and in most cases that person doesn't even enter the thread. And the other thing/reason this should also explain why the member with 4-8 weeks membership is responding. If it wasn't for that member's response, there wouldn't be any.

So this brings us back to the beginning to close the circle which has to do with doing a Search. If you're a newbie, your best option is using the search and then pay attention to those with more senior registered dates.

Also, one added tip....when you read from a senior's post, try taking notice of the little mentioned details included in their post. I say this because there unwritten reasons generally why these small details exist. An example could be; Say the senior member mentioned they only use half throttle until reaching 100ft altitude. There is going to be a reason for that and one that you may never hear or know about. And it could be a very useful piece of information to have knowledge about. Now I just used that as an example and as far as I know there is no reason for staying at half throttle. But the point I'm making could be something worth checking into and asking about.

I agree with your point about the search feature but after that you kinda sound like you are discouraging people from posting if they only have an account a month or two old. How long shall one wait to post then according to you? I don't think that is the kind of attitude that this "community" is about. Nobody should be afraid to post, granted it is best if you have your facts straight and don't post mis-information but nobody is perfect and nobody should be scared to post. BTW I just realized I have only been a member of this forum for 3 months, however I did regularly check the forum and did lots of research here ever since the P3 was announced and didn't join until I was ready to post.

To begin with if you're a newbie seeking info related to the P3, the very good way to an answer to a question would be by,....using the Search feature. And whether you are reading from searched threads, or one you posted yourself, it's a good idea to pay attention to a member's registered date below their avatar. In most cases you will get a more experienced response from someone that has been around longer. I see members with 4-8 weeks of membership responding with not so good advice. Not always, just some more often then not. And the reason this happens to begin with is due to the type of thread itself. There two things happening here. 1st those that have been here for a length of time has already answered the question a number of times and since become burnt out on the common questions and in most cases that person doesn't even enter the thread. And the other thing/reason this should also explain why the member with 4-8 weeks membership is responding. If it wasn't for that member's response, there wouldn't be any. So this brings us back to the beginning to close the circle which has to do with doing a Search. If you're a newbie, your best option is using the search and then pay attention to those with more senior registered dates. Also, one added tip....when you read from a senior's post, try taking notice of the little mentioned details included in their post. I say this because there unwritten reasons generally why these small details exist. An example could be; Say the senior member mentioned they only use half throttle until reaching 100ft altitude. There is going to be a reason for that and one that you may never hear or know about. And it could be a very useful piece of information to have knowledge about. Now I just used that as an example and as far as I know there is no reason for staying at half throttle. But the point I'm making could be something worth checking into and asking about.
To begin with if you're a newbie seeking info related to the P3, the very good way to an answer to a question would be by,....using the Search feature. And whether you are reading from searched threads, or one you posted yourself, it's a good idea to pay attention to a member's registered date below their avatar. In most cases you will get a more experienced response from someone that has been around longer. I see members with 4-8 weeks of membership responding with not so good advice. Not always, just some more often then not. And the reason this happens to begin with is due to the type of thread itself. There two things happening here. 1st those that have been here for a length of time has already answered the question a number of times and since become burnt out on the common questions and in most cases that person doesn't even enter the thread. And the other thing/reason this should also explain why the member with 4-8 weeks membership is responding. If it wasn't for that member's response, there wouldn't be any. So this brings us back to the beginning to close the circle which has to do with doing a Search. If you're a newbie, your best option is using the search and then pay attention to those with more senior registered dates. Also, one added tip....when you read from a senior's post, try taking notice of the little mentioned details included in their post. I say this because there unwritten reasons generally why these small details exist. An example could be; Say the senior member mentioned they only use half throttle until reaching 100ft altitude. There is going to be a reason for that and one that you may never hear or know about. And it could be a very useful piece of information to have knowledge about. Now I just used that as an example and as far as I know there is no reason for staying at half throttle. But the point I'm making could be something worth checking into and asking about.

I agree with your point about the search feature but after that you kinda sound like you are discouraging people from posting if they only have an account a month or two old. How long shall one wait to post then according to you? I don't think that is the kind of attitude that this "community" is about. Nobody should be afraid to post, granted it is best if you have your facts straight and don't post mis-information but nobody is perfect and nobody should be scared to post. BTW I just realized I have only been a member of this forum for 3 months, however I did regularly check the forum and did lots of research here ever since the P3 was announced and didn't join until I was ready to post.

I kind of agree--- hard to know when a person has enough experience to hand out advice. I guess I tend to look at the number of posts etc. and see if the person has been around a while as a consideration about how much weight I put behind the post. I specifically do this when someone posts a "complaint" thread.... if they have 4 posts to their name and are on here complaining about something... I tend to view them as noise.

However, who's to say that a person who has only been here a week... hasn't been flying for several months (or more) and just decided to join the forum?

The message in the original post is very clear that research the info on the forum before posting. This only enriches your knowledge as members talk not just on the point, they discuss also related points too. You can always post, this is your forum and you should fully utilize it in the best manner you can. You have an unanswered question, go for it.

Other point is that your message about a solution should not be a guess. If you are not sure of the solution but you want to say about it, go ahead and post but let others know that this is your opinion and may or may not work. Some have a habit of imagining things and answer, that sometimes mis leads members. We should be careful about it.

I remember someone said he always uses external power pack during flights in case iPhone gets low on power. This created a question to my mind how can you connect Ext power to iPhone when it's already connected to RC. We were not sure if the member was talking about keeping a spare phone or has another way of working. It's better to be more descriptive to make things clear. I know all can not be good writers but we are not writing a great book, we are writing what we just experienced.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyNfrank
I'm glad you were able to sift through the puzzle and figure something about it out.

I kind of hesitated before clicking the Post New Thread button. I had way too many interruptions today while creating this thread. And then of all thing our neighborhood's power went out for some unknown reason. I usually try to proof read my stuff before clicking off on it. But with the power issue took me away from my usual routine. Once you get my age you'll understand, maybe. lol!

I wasn't meaning to discourage anyone from posting whatsoever. I was attempting to point out a way to get a more genuine answer to any question you may have.
Some Point were:
a) if it wasn't for fresh registrar's posing, there would be no post.
b) do your best to get answers from senior members.
c) watch for the details in a senior's post for that golden knowledge factor.

My opinion is nobody knows more then anyone here. There is just more wiser and experienced responses if you know how to find them.

I hope this helps clear up my confusing 1st post cause this time the power stayed on for this post. :D

Reactions: Sinisalo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj