P3 Compass wire problems

Reaction score
I had to replace the shell on my P3A and in the process of putting everything back together, I damaged the compass wire when snapping the antenna back into the landing gear. I have damaged two more brand new compasses (wires) since then trying to get the antenna snapped in. I understand that the wire is supposed to ride the side of the channel underneath the lip of the antenna. But for some reason I just can't seem to make it work. I am tired of buying new compasses. I'm going to order another one, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions that might help? I was also wondering if it would hurt anything (such as weight dispersion, or compass functions) if I tape the antenna to the landing gear so that I do not have to potentially damage the wire again when trying to snap the antenna into place?

Last edited:
I had to replace the shell on my P3A and in the process of putting everything back together, I damaged the compass wire when snapping the antenna back into the landing gear. I have damaged two more brand new compasses (wires) since then trying to get the antenna snapped in. I understand that the wire is supposed to ride the side of the channel underneath the lip of the antenna. But for some reason I just can't seem to make it work. I am tired of buying new compasses. I'm going to order another one, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions that might help? I was also wondering if it would hurt anything (such as weight dispersion, or compass functions) if I tape the antenna to the landing gear so that I do not have to potentially damage the wire again when trying to snap it into place?
Are you ordering the landing gear which has the compass already installed or are you buying stand alone compasses?

Reactions: Quest-So and JoBe
Also curious if anyone thinks it would do damage to the antenna if I were to just hot glue it to the landing leg instead of snapping it into the channel.

Also curious if anyone thinks it would do damage to the antenna if I were to just hot glue it to the landing leg instead of snapping it into the channel.
i no this was a month back but just in case my take is that this would be fine to do

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl