P3 camera on a P2?

Reaction score
Anyone knows if it will be a possible upgrade?
I have a P2V+ since december, and I have a lot invested in it, so I'm not gonna buy the p3.
I would like to upgrade the camera in the future.
Do you think it will be possible to put a P3 camera on a P2vision+?

Anyone knows if it will be a possible upgrade?
I have a P2V+ since december, and I have a lot invested in it, so I'm not gonna buy the p3.
I would like to upgrade the camera in the future.
Do you think it will be possible to put a P3 camera on a P2vision+?

No, you can't put a P3 camera on a PV2 because all the camera electronics, except the sensor and a few other things, are housed inside of the Phantoms. This is done for weight and size reduction for the gimbal.

Last edited:
Yes, but being inside does not mean you can't switch them up. unless they are soldered to the main board, right?

Yes, but being inside does not mean you can't switch them up. unless they are soldered to the main board, right?
How about the two Phantoms having different voltages and completely different radio control systems?
There's no wifi on the P3 but the P2V+ has lots of its wifi stuff in the gimbal base.
No you can't get a P3 camera to work on a P2 - there's way too much incompatibility - really.

No you can't get a P3 camera to work on a P2 - there's way too much incompatibility - really.
What I'd like to know is can I put a P4 camera on a P3? Might as well get it out there because the only thing we know more about the P3 than the P4 is that it exists, what it looks like and what the specs are. Nobody has provided any info about the inner workings of these components it's all just conjecture anyway.

Since most of the P3 is what is in the Inspire which is a known quantity, it's not all conjecture at all.
We don't have to open the P3 to know a lot about it.

Since most of the P3 is what is in the Inspire which is a known quantity, it's not all conjecture at all.
We don't have to open the P3 to know a lot about it.
Seeing as it's been stated that the P3 and Inspire don't even use the same FC, we don't have any idea how they put everything in the P3. We know the output but the internals are a black box for now. Until somebody opens one it is conjecture.

Can you point me in the direction of where that's been said?
I haven't been able to find much definite on that.
Dr Turbo over on rcgroups said it's a brand new FC when asked whether it is Naza or A2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic