P3 calibration wont work

Reaction score
I got my P3 yesterday from Best Buy and when I first flew it I did not calibrate it. Today when I tried to fly it, it would not allow me to take off without calibrating it. The motors didn't come on either. When I try to calibrate it horizontal it works but when I do vertical it tells me I am too close to metal but I'm not standing anywhere near anything metal. What do I do ? :(

Do you have your cell phone or tablet nearby? Keep it and the remote at least 10 feet away.
How about any metal you are wearing? Belt buckles can affect the compass.
Chain link fences nearby?
Metal sprinkler pipes?
Electrical conduit or wiring?
Metal lawn furniture?
Anything that you can think of that may not make sense that is close by?

Oh and by the way.... Congratulations on your new purchase!
Hope you have tons of fun with it!
Read read read the manual and watch all you can from good sources on flying your P3.
Also, this forum has TONS of great information.... read and educate yourself as much as you can!!!
Educate yourself as much as you can before you do much flying!

Oh and by the way.... Congratulations on your new purchase!
Hope you have tons of fun with it!
Read read read the manual and watch all you can from good sources on flying your P3.
Also, this forum has TONS of great information.... read and educate yourself as much as you can!!!
Educate yourself as much as you can before you do much flying!
Thank you. It looks really fun I wish I could fly it :( I'm not by any metal at all. I can't even start my drone manually with the remote. It took a small fall last night but nothing broke but I've heard of people's gps connectors getting unattached when they fall. Do you suppose that could cause this ?

Odd that it seems to work fine during the horizontal part of the dance but fails during the second half because of its close proximity to metal. That said, have you tried moving to a different location just to get the compass calibration completed? Not talking about halfway across the country here but moving a few blocks away and trying it again might do the trick.

My compass doesn't seem to be so temperamental. As long as I'm not trying to calibrate it while sitting in my car it seems to work fine for me.

Are you wearing a watch? a "smart watch" with wifi/bluetooth?
Anything that emits RF or EMI could influence the compass.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94