P2V+ video still great...maybe next year will get P3

Reaction score
Well, with all these posts about the wonderful P3, I feel envious. However, I think we can still get nice videos from our P2V+. Check this out. I'll appreciate your comments so I can improve my skills.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dirkclod
Nicely done lalvar40 !!!
The P3 is nice and will have one at some point but ours are not dead yet !!! Just because the Inspire came out with the 4k didn't shut nothing down and so this one won't ether . Keep on keeping on bro !! ;)

I see that you also have about
1.5 deg lean left of level on the gimbal. My p2v÷3 has (had) this, as does my p3. I am beginning to think there is an assembly fault in the gimbals- ie the 0 position of the gimbal shaft is not correct
I have fixed this in the p3 with some simple electronics, and the difference is very noticeable. I haven't done anything to the p3 yet.
How many phantoms out there have this?

That should say" fixed on p2"
blank stare.png
...Well why didn't ya just edit it rather than posting this :confused: ..now ya can't as I quoted ya :p
Just picking at ya peter :D I didn't notice the lean but maybe my head just leans that much and it made it look level ;)

1.5 deg lean left of level on the gimbal.
How do you notice it...want to learn to have a more critic eye. Is the solution simple...I am not afraid of electronics as I am actually an electronics engineer.

Ah, a kindred spirit. I just took the back off the gimbal & tacked 3 wires onto the feedback pot terminals [ I do hate the lead free solder - stupidest idea ever] & brought them through a slot filed in the bottom of the cover. 50k preset across the outside terminals, 470k from wiper to centre terminal of fb pot. It's only a tiny offset, but it makes all the difference. Just realize that it is almost entirely an integral term, and takes about 5 sec to settle in the final position. Mine is only about 3 deg from centre on the offset pot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers