P2 Swollen Battery

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I just finished a flight with my Phantom 2. After the flight I took out the battery and noticed that it is really swollen on the 2 short sides (the side with the warning label and the side with the CE symbol). The long sides don't appear to be swollen, but that might be because of the plastic frame holding it in place. It really looks like I've over discharged it. But it shouldn't be.

The battery level indicator shows 1 solid LED light (not flashing) indicating 12.5-25%. The battery life meter shows 4 solid LED's (hold down power button for 5 seconds)

The batter is 2 months old and has been used 20 times, approximately.

I then checked my other battery and it seems a little rounder than when I first brought it. However I could just be imagining that.

The manual says there is over discharge protection built in (page 16 intelligent battery functions). It also says to discharge to 8% every 20 cycles for good health, this is the next level below the level I have discharged it to (page 19 correct battery usage notes)

I fly with an iOSD mini so I can see the battery level. It was at 22% when I started descending, and I think 19% when I touched the ground.

Any experience with this? is it under warranty?

thanks for your thoughts.

Two of the three batteries I had, so puffed up in a single day after flying. The temperature that day was about 28 ° C, so I think that nothing should affect the operation of the battery.
Both inflated batteries I brought to your dealer and waiting for the outcome of the complaint procedure. They have 30 days, yet passed about 10 days.
I wonder what the outcome, and if so, if I find out the cause of the inflation of the battery. But certainly no inflated bode well and Li-Po batteries in particular.

I only have one battery so I have nothing to compare to. But isn't there some sort of protective gel inside? Mine feel a little gooey on the two short sides as well, but I always thought it was the safety stuff that surrounds the lipo...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj