P2 Maximum Distance?

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding hard numbers on the maximum horizontal distance you can control/fly your Phantom...

Anyone know?

Depends as Meta told ya ,8500' with stages 3 FPVLR'S and know of another like mine that hit 10000'
Can't remember what I got when I started but was near Meta's #'s .

Reactions: Wolford
Depends as Meta told ya ,8500' with stages 3 FPVLR'S and know of another like mine that hit 10000'
Can't remember what I got when I started but was near Meta's #'s .

Thats some impressive numbers! I've got to look into that...

It depends which Phantom you are discussing. Assuming from the thread title, a P2 Non vision ?, the control range specified is 1km. I can vouch for this because I went to failsafe briefly at the 1025m point as I was trying to turn back. However this distance will vary with enviromental conditions. You may get more or less.

As far a FPV, that depends what kit you fit to your P2. If you fit FPVLR antennae you will do quite well.

Thanks Hughie! With your info I think I know the general distance I should stay around when flying (until I get the FPLVR setup).

Standard UK P2V+ V3, I've had 1700 feet showing and still had control, but there have been flights where the control link is lost for a few seconds before regaining at little over 1000 feet. In all cases the camera link has continued to work.

More than I need, but I can see the appeal of the Itelite :)

Standard UK P2V+ V3, I've had 1700 feet showing and still had control, but there have been flights where the control link is lost for a few seconds before regaining at little over 1000 feet. In all cases the camera link has continued to work.

More than I need, but I can see the appeal of the Itelite :)

I think the spec for P2V+ is 400m (CE), 800m (FCC) - 5.8GHz, and for P2 1000m - 2.4GHz

So on P2V that is in the ballpark, 1000-1700 ft =300-520m

In an urban environment, I got about 800-900m max on my phantom 2 stock radio.

My FPV video feed from my 600mw tx exceed my radio range when I am using the patch and helical antenna on my black pearl monitor.

In an urban environment, I got about 800-900m max on my phantom 2 stock radio.

My FPV video feed from my 600mw tx exceed my radio range when I am using the patch and helical antenna on my black pearl monitor.

Similar for me too. I have had the FPV Helical with Spironets and a 25mw IRC vTx outperform the control signal.

1,500 meters routinely, in non-urban settings. Occasionally 3,000 to 4,000 meters. FPV range usually beats control range, but not always.

Kelly

I have a immersionrc 600mw transmitter with The spironet antennas in combination with a black pearl fly sight and i can easily get 1400 m distance with an altitude of 250 m. With good quality video feed. And without disconnection of the remote.. Just watch your Battery level especially in strong winds. You have to get your bird back safe :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20