P2 battery charger

Reaction score
I have been looking for a couple of hours for a DC powered charger unit for the P2 batteries to charge out in the field. There are lots of them out there. Is there any recommendations for a P2 12 vdc charger. I am wanting to charge off of my truck battery or 12 vdc marine battery. I was looking at this unit from Hobby King : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...ancer_Charger_LiHV_Capable_AR_Warehouse_.html
But not sure it would work with the P2 batteries. I thought I read somewhere on one of these forums that this charger was being used with a power supply unit. But I cannot find that thread now. This unit interested me because it will hook up to a pc and you can see what it is doing when using a power supply with it.
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks
Wayne

You could use that but you are risking incorrect settings and you'd need to find/buy an adapter to fit the P2 battery. Instead you could simply spend $30 on a car inverter and plug the P2 charger into that. Problem solved. You want an inverter with at least 300w (one battery runs around 130w but a 300w gives plenty of wiggle room).

Inverters are not very efficient and I am setting up the rest of my stuff ( GoPro, Dvr, Black Pearl ) to be charged from 12-16 volt dc source. So I am still looking for a DC charging unit for a P2

Also, unless you are running your inverter directly from the vehicle battery with dedicated cables, you should be careful not to exceed 300W through the vehicle loom to the 12v socket. Hopefully the socket is fused anyway, but most inverters warn not to exceed 300W via this socket. I use a 1KW inverter which comes with two sets of leads. One for the battery and one for the internal 12v socket. I have managed to boil a small kettle off it when connected to the battery :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31