P1 v1.1.1 replaced GPS unit but still having issues. PLZ HELP!

Reaction score
I just purchased another GPS unit which i've installed now and I can see a hardware ID whereas I did not see a hardware ID after a somewhat minor tree crash. The problem im noticing is there is no loader information in the naza software. I'm not sure where to go from this point. I'm pretty new to all of this. Does anyone know how to "hard reset" or "factory reset" my NAZA or what I can do to reload the Loader for my GPS unit. I get a popup from the NAZA software saying strong interference or GPS needs calibration. when I power the drone on in GPS mode I get red flashing light even after 5-10 minutes of letting it warm up. i'm pretty stuck guys, any help would be greatly appreciated!

https://secure.chrisedmondson.us/gps-naza.png <-- New gps unit installed.

Last edited:
Yes, it has been remounted to the top part of shell on in the inside , compass is connected, no cuts in the compass cable or the gps to naza cable. I have the "insulating grey pad" placed over the gps unit. Now i'm getting an error 27 (magnetic interference or gps not calibrated) from the naza software so i have something to go from now at least. im going to update the software, just noticed it's v2.18 not 2.20 and re-flash 4.02 firmware and then try a recalibration of the compass and we'll see what happens.

Seems that the process I laid out above has gotten the GPS unit to work again. I'm only getting 2-3 gps links instead of 4 though. and still not showing any version for the gps loader but now Im seeing the GPS option when setting up flight mides and can now set it to RTH in F/S mode. i'm not ready to test the RTH just yet until i have 4 successful gps links. If I can't get all 4 GPS links working, ill post a video of the LED flashes and go from there but ive made progress. will update soon! Thanks again!

Reactions: rattydude77
Well that has fixed the problem. I now get all 4 gps links connected. After sanding my blades and smoothing out some rough edges, she's flying real smooth again. Switching from ATTI to GPS, it slows down almost immediately and hovers like it should. Much smoother flying with GPS on though battery life isn't quite as long. Still havent tried RTH yet, ill try that another day. Hope this helps someone else out that may encounter the same problem!

Reactions: Marc70

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20