p 2 height

What a snob, just because he owns an older Phantom?
He posted it in the 'General' section, I don't see any problem with that..

Jude mcg, if you're in the UK then stay below 400ft!

on the top of my page it says P3,P2V+,P2V,P2,FC40,P1, FORUMS ????

Same! this was posted in the forums/ general forums/ general discussion.

Maybe were not privileged enough to post anywhere here if we own an older model :)

well at the moment I have a P1.1.1 and loving it but when I get back to the UK early next year I'll be getting a P3 as well, I wonder where I'll post then??:rolleyes::D:cool::) I suppose I'll have a choice then.

Reactions: SebGodsmark
What a snob, just because he owns an older Phantom?
He posted it in the 'General' section, I don't see any problem with that..

Jude mcg, if you're in the UK then stay below 400ft!

Snob?
Eat it, brocephus.

I go to gen disc. and the P3 section and OMG, I made a mistake.

Kids these days.

you do know the limit in the UK is 400ft !
Yes stay below 400ft. Also it can take some time to descend,there is a maximum descent rate, and I never come straight down to avoid possible VRS. From memory it is 2metre/sec max descent,and with a bit of back and forward it can take 90 secs to get down from 400ft.

Yes stay below 400ft. Also it can take some time to descend,there is a maximum descent rate, and I never come straight down to avoid possible VRS. From memory it is 2metre/sec max descent,and with a bit of back and forward it can take 90 secs to get down from 400ft.

You can descend a lot quicker if you fly diagonally at the same time. This is a great way to get your drone down quickly if you need because of another aircraft or low battery. You'll have minimal prop wash doing this.

Jeezo I only asked a simple question.I know the limit is 400ft. As I said I'm new to this and have been on a few site's and all of them say they go different heights.

Jeezo I only asked a simple question.I know the limit is 400ft. As I said I'm new to this and have been on a few site's and all of them say they go different heights.

yes we all know about those that go higher but that's what's going to kill this hobby or at least give us problems in the near future

14 Replies that didn't address the question asked. Thanks Team Yankee for coming back to the question asked.
Jude .. welcome to Phantom Pilots.
To get back to your question ...
Hiya just new to this,was wondering what altitude does the p2 go to.
The P2 can fly at altitudes above 10000 feet if you want to launch in the Alps somewhere.
That's not to say you could launch at home and fly to that height though.

The P2 doesn't have any height limit hard wired into it like the P3, which is limited to 500 metres above home point.

There have been idiots that have attempted stupid things and flown P2s higher than they could come back from because while ascent speed is 6 metres/sec, the P2 comes down at a snail's pace 2 m/sec.
Rough arithmetic would suggest that 2000 metres would be around where you run into a situation where you would have insufficient battery power to come home but you would be likely to run into signal difficulties before then.
it can take some time to descend,there is a maximum descent rate, and I never come straight down to avoid possible VRS. From memory it is 2metre/sec max descent,and with a bit of back and forward it can take 90 secs to get down from 400ft.
There are a few misconceptions about descending.
Early on DJI allowed the P2 to come down at 6 m/sec and VRS crashes were a possibility if care was not exercised.
DJI slowed the P2 to 4 m/s and then to 2 m/s to prevent VRS crashes but the myth persists and people will advise you to come down slower etc.
You can descend a lot quicker if you fly diagonally at the same time. This is a great way to get your drone down quickly if you need because of another aircraft or low battery. You'll have minimal prop wash doing this.
Zigging and zagging might be fun and your Phantom might zip through the air faster .. but it's not coming down any faster.
The vertical component is still limited to 2 metres/second.

Well put and answered, Meta!

I would add that the later P2 firmware slowed the descent rate. Earlier versions did not, although they didn't have the autonomous features like ground station.

VRS or settling under power can happen even with slower descent rates. It's just not as likely.;)

Hey Jude, welcome to the forum. Been waiting for that!:rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1