Overcurrent During Discharge and what to do with battery

Reaction score
If I get an Overcurrent During Discharge (ODD) message while flying I quickly fly it over something "soft" come directly down, then bring it to myself and land. I pull the battery, note it in my battery logs notebook and try and replicate it again in a controlled environment. I've only twice been able to replicate this error on the same battery in different birds. In each case, I've disposed of the battery and purchased a new one.

It's never occurred under 75 charges on a battery, and the two that were able to replicate were over 130 charges.

Has there ever been a documented case when a device has crashed during the ODD message? (or close to it?)

I rotate through a 10 battery set.. I've had 2 that I've recycled and 2 more that have only once thrown the message (I couldn't get them to replicate ever again in the same phantom or one of its cousins).

Just curious. What do people here do with batteries which throw those messages? Keep 'em? Toss 'em? Use them only for non-thrust flights? (these ODD errors only occur towards the outside of the power envelope)

Thanks for any info on this.

I've had the ODD error twice on one of my P3 batteries. I continue to use it, seems to still work fine.

Friend of mine has a P2, he got a different battery error that specifically said "not recommended for flight". I assume if my battery wasn't safe to use I'd get similar warning.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4