Over 9 oz? Will need to register

Exactly.

I was expecting somewhere nearer to 2 pounds and more than 300 foot range.

They won't be able to keep up with the 9 ounce toys with limited range.

But I have no problem registering my Phantom(s).

Reactions: dirkclod
They won't be able to keep up with the 9 ounce toys with limited range.

So I'll have to register the Millennium Falcon copter that I'm getting my son for Christmas... This should go over well....

So....we need to register drones (no problem with that) that have not actually caused any real problems (although I realize it's only a matter of time), but we don't need to register laser pointers which already have caused major issues? And don't even get me started on guns, because.........

If they go through the normal procedure of "Final Rule" needing to be published in the Federal Register it becomes effective, then these rules will not be in place by Christmas this year.

But the 9 ounce level seems non-sustainable (and probably non-enforceable) to me.

If they go through the normal procedure of "Final Rule" needing to be published in the Federal Register it becomes effective, then these rules will not be in place by Christmas this year.

But the 9 ounce level seems non-sustainable (and probably non-enforceable) to me.

14 CFR §91.139 - 'Emergency air traffic rules' gives the administrator the authority to make up rules "Whenever the Administrator determines that an emergency condition exists, or will exist, ".

Publishing a final rule would be following the Administrative Procedure Act (5 U.S.C. § 553(c)), but an SFAR under 14 CFR §91.139 can be implemented immediately and with no notice.

I am pretty confident that someone will challenge the validity of the emergency rule because no evidence of an emergency exists and there is no evidence that an emergency will exist because of Christmas sales. This is a rumor-based approach to regulation, not a risk-based scientific approach.

Not sure I understand "Leaked"? These aren't secret meetings of the military. Aren't the meetings subject to some sort of open-meetings law and anyone can walk in and observe the proceedings?

Exactly more tax payers money wasted on a program that will do nothing to make drones safer or operators more responsible.stupid things that are happening know will continue to happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav