Ouch.... crashed p3a... but it survived

Reaction score
Near Rugeley Staffordshire, United Kingdom
I've not used my drone since February so finally the time was right to get it in the air. Batteries charged, rc unit charged so I just took it out into the garden to check that it connected to the app 1st.

Aabsolutley fine, auto take off, took it to height to clear the trees and flew in straight line out and and landing was fine

Repeated this and on the 3rd flight I started to fly it in a square. Unfortunately whilst being it home travelling toward me I messed up the stick movement and moved it unintentionally towards a tree and it clipped the outer branch of the tree, falling instantly.

The final resting place was about 20 feet down the bankside of a rail cutting.

I lifted 1 of my fence panels and a recce from the top of the bank showed me where it was, but it was not going to be easy to reach.

A bit of thought came up with the solution, long length of twine, the washing line prop pole and a wire coat hanger effectively gave me a fishing rod. I got about half way down to the drone and managed to hook it eventually, and got my self and the drone back to the garden.

MY FAULT ENTIRELY and I was expecting serious damage. Fortunately there is no damage to the she'll or props and the motors run fine, and I did 1 auto take off and brief control checks. Phew

I was lucky, so it's wide open spaces and lots of figure 8 practice for me.

No video as I left the sd card out to avoid distraction lol.

1 question though. The app showed a motor jam message after the crash... am I ok to assume that the motors are based on 1 subsequent auto take off

Patrick

The message was probably caused when it crashed, it tried to keep spinning, but something prevented it from doing so. Did not understand your last question. What do you mean by "motors are based on 1 subsequent auto takeoff"?

I've not used my drone since February so finally the time was right to get it in the air. Batteries charged, rc unit charged so I just took it out into the garden to check that it connected to the app 1st.

Aabsolutley fine, auto take off, took it to height to clear the trees and flew in straight line out and and landing was fine

Repeated this and on the 3rd flight I started to fly it in a square. Unfortunately whilst being it home travelling toward me I messed up the stick movement and moved it unintentionally towards a tree and it clipped the outer branch of the tree, falling instantly.

The final resting place was about 20 feet down the bankside of a rail cutting.

I lifted 1 of my fence panels and a recce from the top of the bank showed me where it was, but it was not going to be easy to reach.

A bit of thought came up with the solution, long length of twine, the washing line prop pole and a wire coat hanger effectively gave me a fishing rod. I got about half way down to the drone and managed to hook it eventually, and got my self and the drone back to the garden.

MY FAULT ENTIRELY and I was expecting serious damage. Fortunately there is no damage to the she'll or props and the motors run fine, and I did 1 auto take off and brief control checks. Phew

I was lucky, so it's wide open spaces and lots of figure 8 practice for me.

No video as I left the sd card out to avoid distraction lol.

1 question though. The app showed a motor jam message after the crash... am I ok to assume that the motors are based on 1 subsequent auto take off

Patrick
Great read,,,bummer on the crash, good idea on recovery of drone,,yes as above sounds like just a warning from being obstructed from grass or was it next flight after crash,,,check motors all feel the same,always have sd card in,you never know when that good picture coming ,,sd card no distraction,it's a distraction having ""no sd card inserted on screen"" less to worrie about

The message was probably caused when it crashed, it tried to keep spinning, but something prevented it from doing so. Did not understand your last question. What do you mean by "motors are based on 1 subsequent auto takeoff"?

Question should have said.... motors are OK based on subsequent auto take off.....

P
Great read,,,bummer on the crash, good idea on recovery of drone,,yes as above sounds like just a warning from being obstructed from grass or was it next flight after crash,,,check motors all feel the same,always have sd card in,you never know when that good picture coming ,,sd card no distraction,it's a distraction having ""no sd card inserted on screen"" less to worrie about

Motor jam message was after crash, but not on next short flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4