Other than Spinning Props & Wind...anything else to hear ?

Reaction score
Other than Spinning Props and the Wind.... is anything else to hear on the videos that you take?

Sorry if this sounds (no pun intended) silly or obvious...

Eg can you hear chirping birds in the back ground, sound of waves, people talking & laughing?

I am starting to understand why the Phantom 2 Vision (+) has no audio recording function.

Re: Other than Spinning Props & Wind...is anything else to h

PVZ2 said:
Other than Spinning Props and the Wind.... is anything else to hear on the videos that you take?

Sorry if this sounds (no pun intended) silly or obvious...

Eg can you hear chirping birds in the back ground, sound of waves, people talking & laughing?

I am starting to understand why the Phantom 2 Vision (+) has no audio recording function.

Nope,all you get is wind and prop noise.
Most of the "wind" is downdraught from the props.

Yep, a high pitched buzzing and tornado force wind! Never knew the vision had no audio - makes no difference as the audio from my Gopro is as good as useless.

What I do, and many others do is one of 2 things, or a mixture of both.

1. Put your video to music - most common and all over Youtube
2. Record sound separately after your Phantom has grounded. You can either use a dedicated sound recorder, and iPhone or another camera or even your Gopro. Then mix this sound in after in your editing program.

A small price to pay for great aerial footage.

You can use a digital voice recorder to record on the ground WHILE you're flying, and then synch the video to the audio in post-processing. In this video, I had the recorder tucked under one of the little yardage markers on the sideline. The audio occurs at about the 20 second during the break in the music.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/EDg2iEbNoPI?list=UUjO9cOtMnjFbmt1PF8YtNmw[/youtube]

Well crap. I forgot how the YouTube link works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20