Options for getting out of tree

..... really? And where did the bullets end up that missed the branch? Firing a rifle into the air is a really dangerous thing to do.

just cut it down. if that's no an option, i had a smaller drone get caught on a tree limb one time and i used my AR-15 (assault rifle) to shoot the limb. took about 10 shots but it finally fell.

A good option for retrieving a tree grounded drone.
Hey the weekend has arrived, so, Get your buzz on... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

1" PVC joints. Adjustable length, light weight and you can customize a PVC hook that meets your needs at a very low cost.

To satisfy my curiosity may we have a picture of the entire tree.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Foliage fetish
[emoji268]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

3 mil fishing line and the heaviest sinker (1.5 oz) tied to the end and a slingshot.

I got my little drone stuck in a tree once. It was quite high at dusk. I was afraid the lights would go out and I world not be able to find it again. It was in a tall pine. I had my nimble son, who was 18, climb the tree and I handed him the handle to a shovel- a very, very long telescoping handle whose purpose is to remove snow from the house roof with both your feet planted on the ground. He was able to knock it down. It hit a couple branches on the way down, but was fine in the end.

so are you saying this forum is ONLY for old people? look, OP asked how to get unstuck from tree. i've been in that position so i posted what i did to get out. as you can see, i'm not the only one that's used that method. if you owned or shot guns, you would know you can shoot tree limbs - dead ones to make them fall or to get things unstuck. it's just common sense.

obviously you've never been stuck in a tree so why are you even responding? if my comment was offensive to your feelings, pretty sure you can block me so you don't get so worked up next time.

Only for old people? No, but I wish it was only for smart people.

As for owning and shooting guns, you haven't a clue. Nobody that owns an AR or derivative refers to it as an "Assault Rifle".

Your comments being offensive to my feelings? You give yourself way too much credit. What troubles me about you is that in a google search for dji phantom owners, this forum is the first result. That means anyone curious, uninformed, and maybe a little uneasy about this whole "spy drone" thing, doing a little internet searching has a good chance of stumbling across something you've posted. And that's bad for this hobby, as it makes us look like reckless idiots.

Reactions: Digdat0
..... really? And where did the bullets end up that missed the branch? Firing a rifle into the air is a really dangerous thing to do.
l was gonna mention that but l'm SURE they hit everything they shoot at! Had a little boy die from that not too far from me a couple years ago. They said the bullet had traveled a long way.

Home Depot rental. 35 boom lift for 4 hours $ 223.00. Cheaper than hiring someone some times.

Let's see.... 22 rifle, AR-15, 30-06, and shotgun as ways to extricate a drone from a tree? I do hope you all are waaay out in the boonies!

during RTH on low battery my DJI got stuck in tree. I found it but now sure how to get it down... Any creative ideas on getting it down?
Depending on how high the tree is I carry an expandable painters pole with a curved hook duct taped to the end you can get these poles that expand quite high but not for a very tall tree. You would need a pro climber to scale a large/tall tree.

My brother just parked his bebop 2 in a tree today. Im guessing 30 meter high. Things we tried:

Climbing a neighbouring tree and trying to throw a thin rope

Failed miserably. Next up, something a little dangerous:

The only bow they had at hand (crossbow), and with just one arrow. Unsurprisingly the thin wire broke and the one arrow is lost forever.

Next attempt actually looked like it might work. We tied a rope about halfway to the tree and then pulled it with a car to make the tree shake:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=dGhiZEx6dmdJTHJpUldsbUhHNEdMQ1N6RFhweUtB

It shook the bebop quite a bit, but it remained in place.

The bebop is still in there, I guess it will come down one of these days.

U guys were very committed and creative sorry u didn't retrieve it u certainly deserved too. That 3 section extension ladder, was that a 50'? Sucks trying to muscle those things!

Take care. After a lot of trouble I managed the long pole and hook trick. It was about 50 feet up. I eventually dislodged it OK and celebrated too soon. It fell to the ground and the gimbal snapped off and the camera went flying. So assume you make get it down but at least be ready to catch it.

The bebop is overhead a lot of tall bushes that will break its fall. I actually expect little to no damage if it does tumble down. The bebop also happens to be light weight and fairly robust. The central frame cross may break, but thats a €15 or so piece, I already replaced one once. Of course, anything can happen, but odds of having something to fly are better when it hits the ground than when its up there :)

Tuesday we will return with a normal bow and arrow and some fishing wire, if it hasnt tumbled down by then.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj