Oh Dear !! It had to happen - too far and battery runs out

Wow! What a a great piece of history. Very nostalgic. Thanks for sharing Nigel.

My Mother during the War was with 619 Sqdn in England with a Repair and Installation team on Lancasters. I want to honour my Mother who passed away some years ago by building and decorating a Lancaster in the scheme of one she worked with.

Here's the photo she received from 'her Boys' when leaving 619 ...

My Mother ...

.... a labour not only that I think the Lancaster a fine aircraft, but also of love.

Nigel[/QUOTE]

Nigel,Wow what a trip! When I turned on your audio / video I was blown away. Just glad you got it back. What an experience. Had hit an oak tree branch and crashed into water a couple of months ago with my P4.Had to get it repaired with a new upper and lower shell and two motors. Thank God it's back to normal. As usual, it's lesson learned. Good luck. Keep flying. Hawkwind.

Just getting to grips with the Pro ... and to be honest ... I miss my Standard !!

Nigel

Here you go ... in all its 'glory' and my error !

Update :

AC has been open all night with fan blowing on her ....

Tried her this morning and she initialises... camera does its dance. But she just shows DISCONNECTED throughout.
No camera feed.
Compass error - but thats understandable - she's in my hobby room.
When I try to switch off battery - it goes off then RED LED flashes about every second or so ... the AC does not switch off.

She's not good ... will leave her open and see if time helps ...

Battery has puffed up so even though its a fresh water river - it shows that shorting occurred ... which means AC would have suffered short as well ...

Oh well ... good while it lasted ....

Nigel
Man that was a real eye opener. Sorry for your loss and to the rest of us, let this be a lesson
Here you go ... in all its 'glory' and my error !

Update :

AC has been open all night with fan blowing on her ....

Tried her this morning and she initialises... camera does its dance. But she just shows DISCONNECTED throughout.
No camera feed.
Compass error - but thats understandable - she's in my hobby room.
When I try to switch off battery - it goes off then RED LED flashes about every second or so ... the AC does not switch off.

She's not good ... will leave her open and see if time helps ...

Battery has puffed up so even though its a fresh water river - it shows that shorting occurred ... which means AC would have suffered short as well ...

Oh well ... good while it lasted ....

Nigel

Solentlife: Thanks for sharing your mishap. I am only a beginner. I have 2 P3S and have taken one of them out to 5300'. From reading your story, I was careful to have a fully charged battery and headed into the wind. Huge difference in the speed going out into the wind and coming back with. I did have a cheesy little store bought antenna on, but I don't know if the range would have been extended or not. Next time I work up the guts to try a distance flight, I will leave it off.

Thanks again for sharing! :)

Ken

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT