Offshore

meta4 you really are an inspiration to me i absolutely love the work you do when i get a little more confident with my P3A i want try similar stuff do you use an extra range extender or do you fly those distances out to see with your stock p3?

Very nice! How did you position you're antennas? And is there a panoramic option on the p3? Couldn't find one

I've only gone 2.5 km offshore - not that far (but far enough for me).
There are flyers here that have gone 7 and 10 km away (10 km didn't get all the way back).
Nothing fancy with the antennas - straight out of the box and positioned like the manual says.
P3 will take the photos but if you want panoramas, it's up to you to stitch them in your computer.

Offshore again ...
After playing around with some tame subjects in harbour recently .. http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/ship-photography.46514/
.. I ventured offshore again to shoot a few ships under way.
It's entirely different when they are making 17 knots.
You don't get much of a chance to orbit shooting from different angles and heights.
I had to go 2.5 km to get to where they were and did two batteries for 6+ km each trip.
A little disconcerting when you have just taken up position close on the bow and the app drops out and the screen goes black but it always pops back after a few seconds.
The trips out were slow at 9 metres/sec but it's good to zoom back at 22 m/sec with a nice tailwind.
i-ZpfrfXC-M.jpg

DJI_0792a-XL.jpg

DJI_0834b-XL.jpg

DJI_0729a-XL.jpg

DJI_0760a-XL.jpg

The P3 gets to places I can't get with my regular SLR

Top stuff mate - are these stills single images from the P3P or stitched?

My video looks great, resolution etc but my photos are a shocker.

Thanks again.

Top stuff mate - are these stills single images from the P3P or stitched?
Lots of big panoramas on my website but close in to an action subject like a container ship creaming along at 17 knots, you don't have time to compose multiples for stitching.
These are all single frames.
The P3 is great for action like this.
I would get in position, compose and fly hard in reverse with my thum on the right stick and clicking away with the index finger.
So much better than having to touch the screen as for the P2V+and deal wit the delay.

I also snapped this New Zealand navy amphibious support ship.
I wasn't game to try this 2 weeks ago when the USS George Washington came through.
I didn't feel like giving them an extra chance for target practice.
DJI_0772a-XL.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl