Oblique Photos

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Quick questions on the Phantom 4 RTK.

1. Is it possible to take continuous oblique images using the linear mapping mode. I want to take 45 degree shots rather than nadir.

2. Is it possible to take continuous oblique photos using waypoint missions.

Essentially i am looking to do linear mapping but i would like/need an oblique photo in addition to the normal nadir.

If its not possible with DJI GS software, any work arounds?

I have not got the P4RTK yet, coming next week so I cant check myself. Not getting the SDK version.

Thank you in advance.

Hi guys,

1. Is it possible to take continuous oblique images using the linear mapping mode. I want to take 45 degree shots rather than nadir.

Essentially i am looking to do linear mapping but i would like/need an oblique photo in addition to the normal nadir.

I have not got the P4RTK yet, coming next week so I cant check myself. Not getting the SDK version.

Thank you in advance.
You might also try on the commercial drone pilots group... a lot more of this sort of info there :)

Reactions: Aireire
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance.
I'll just answer your question here.

Yes, you can take oblique photos. I use MapPilot pay version ($150/year). I think the pay features are Terrain Aware (which I need) and moveable home point (which I need). And corridor missions (which I need). Not sure if the free version will serve your needs, but it might.

If you're like me, I assume you want oblique shots of flat, colorless surfaces like asphalt and water, etc. to reconcile those surfaces in your mapping software. MapPilot allows you to change the camera I BELIEVE in real time. At the very least, it allows you to pick a camera angle before launch. FWIW, for asphalt and the like we always shoot 15° (which is 15° above vertical if memory serves). This angle works best for rendering asphalt and water surfaces in Pix4D.

D

I'll just answer your question here.

Yes, you can take oblique photos. I use MapPilot pay version ($150/year). I think the pay features are Terrain Aware (which I need) and moveable home point (which I need). And corridor missions (which I need). Not sure if the free version will serve your needs, but it might.

If you're like me, I assume you want oblique shots of flat, colorless surfaces like asphalt and water, etc. to reconcile those surfaces in your mapping software. MapPilot allows you to change the camera I BELIEVE in real time. At the very least, it allows you to pick a camera angle before launch. FWIW, for asphalt and the like we always shoot 15° (which is 15° above vertical if memory serves). This angle works best for rendering asphalt and water surfaces in Pix4D.

D

Hi Harleydude,

Thanks for the input.

I use Map Pilot on other rigs. Its great. Im stuck with the P4RTK system we got and dont have the SDK version. Have you managed to upload Map Pilot to the P4RTK?

Also, 15degree. So if Nadir was 90degrees, you are shooting at 75degrees. Is that correct?

Cheers.

Hi Harleydude,

Thanks for the input.

I use Map Pilot on other rigs. Its great. Im stuck with the P4RTK system we got and dont have the SDK version. Have you managed to upload Map Pilot to the P4RTK?
I have not. I have a P4P but don't use the RTK version. We use Ground Control Points for accuracy. The RTK isn't quite there yet accuracy-wise, so we still use the P4P with GCP's.

Also, 15degree. So if Nadir was 90degrees, you are shooting at 75degrees. Is that correct?
Yes. But in the software it's 15°. 0° is nadir.

D

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic