Nvidia Shield K1 update...

Reaction score
I just got my Nvidia last week. So far, I'm very happy with it. Its the first Android tablet/phone I've ever liked. I'm an Apple fan.

I'm still learning things about this tablet.

Has anyone updated the OS to Android 7.0? Everything works well on 6.0, but it asks me to update. Should I do it?

Thanks.

Yaniv

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Donatas
I just got my Nvidia last week. So far, I'm very happy with it. Its the first Android tablet/phone I've ever liked. I'm an Apple fan.

I'm still learning things about this tablet.

Has anyone updated the OS to Android 7.0? Everything works well on 6.0, but it asks me to update. Should I do it?

Thanks.

Yaniv

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would. From all I've read, 7.0 is much more resource friendly and quicker than 6.0. However, I don't know how compatible some of the programs are. My quests is that DJI is as they seem to release updates quite frequently. Compatibility would be my concern. As an OS, everything I've read is positive about the new version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Compatibility is my concern as well. Not so much with DJI Go app. I've been using Litchi, so I want to make sure it's compatible before I update the tablet.

I updated mine right away... as mentioned earlier, Noughat is significantly better than Marshmallow.

I've had no problems at all with Litchi (latest release with the ground-relative waypoint feature), which I usually fly with. I haven't tried GO or GO 4 yet, but they're both installed. I have a window this afternoon where the weather may permit some flying, and if so, I'll give the GO's a shot.

Overall, I'm very happy with the update, and glad I did it.

Nougat did not play nice on my K1. I had to go back to Marshmallow. Constant app crashes and disconnects using Go4. I couldn't seem to ever get the app to close and would stay in the background. Litchi could be better but I have not tried it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine updated to 7.0 and the apps started crashing, I couldn't run the DJI Go 4 app at all without it crashing. I took the device back to 6.0, rooted and stopped the OTA updates and have not had a problem since doing that.

I've a Shield ...not happy using it with my P3 as I get a lot of lag and disconnects a lot
Anyone know what I can do to sort this out ? Thanks

Mine updated to 7.0 and the apps started crashing, I couldn't run the DJI Go 4 app at all without it crashing. I took the device back to 6.0, rooted and stopped the OTA updates and have not had a problem since doing that.
Can you share the link to the url/guide to rollback to 6.0.1? Thanks.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Can you share the link to the url/guide to rollback to 6.0.1? Thanks.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

This makes it look way worse than it really is. Took less than an hour for me to roll it back. Mistake I made was not defaulting first, I had to once I upgraded go back into TWRP and then factory wipe and it came up just fine. I then rooted and installed SD Maid and stopped the OTA from getting any further updates.

Tutorial: Root Shield Tablet K1 (Marshmallow) – NVidia Shield Zone

Reactions: ebi718
I've a Shield ...not happy using it with my P3 as I get a lot of lag and disconnects a lot
Anyone know what I can do to sort this out ? Thanks

I had the same issue with mine and the new DJI Go update. (not the Go 4 update) runs fine on my Nexus 7 II however. I just decided to retire my P3S and use only the newer stuff so I didn't have to carry around 2 tablets.

Reactions: Cornwall
I updated the other day. So far everything works fine. I've opened the DJI Go and Litchi apps and both load well and I can navigate through them with no problem. I'm going flying shortly, so I'll be able to confirm at that point.

Reactions: Cornwall
Developer Options: USB debug on
USB Configuration MTP, if it reverts to Charging will cause disconnect, relink RC to drone to stop. It
will see RC as charging device and will begin charging K1. Also can reinstall Go4
app and it will ask if want it to start everytime when this device (RC) turned on.

Been using the Shield for a long time. Never any issues. I updated to 7.x and not had any issues. For anyone having issues after upgrading, I'd certain uninstall and reinstall the app.

I have a shield k1 for 1.5 years now. First I used android 5 with my P3A. In december I switched to a P4. After updating to android 7 DJI Go crashed almost every flight. Reinstalling the app didn't work.
I rolled back last week to android 6 (now on 6.0.1) and haven't had any crashes yet. :):):)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1