Notice to Airmen NOTAM

Reaction score
I am beginning to see more NOTAMS from the nearby airports as more and more UAV operators advise the Tower of their intentions. I saw three on our local airport's NOTAMs just today. One was a notice advising UAV ops near a Hospital Helipad and the balance were specific to the airport.

Anyone else seeing acceptance/cooperation of drone ops per ATC's posting of UAV flights, coordinates, heights and radius on NOTAM?

Where do you see these NOTAMs? On the b4ufly app?
I go to the NavCanada website or type in the nearest to me airport ICAO id and NOTAM.

For you likely BWI NOTAM for a major or go to FAA web and check NOTAMs in the area to see notices near the airport you query.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I found one, I understand all of it except the center of the radius...

!HNL 01/158 HNL AIRSPACE UAS WI AN AREA DEFINED AS 1NM RADIUS OF HNL341025 SFC-400FT AGL 1601281000-1603091000

What does HNL341025 mean?

Commercial operators must file NOTAMS when they fly. As a hobby operator you do have the capability of filing a UOA (UAS Operating Area) report that pilots may see when they receive their briefing. They are not official NOTAMS, but i think it helps our hobby to provide this information. I file each time I fly on 1800wxbrief.com

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I found one, I understand all of it except the center of the radius...

!HNL 01/158 HNL AIRSPACE UAS WI AN AREA DEFINED AS 1NM RADIUS OF HNL341025 SFC-400FT AGL 1601281000-1603091000

What does HNL341025 mean?
That is odd, usually it would be listed as a Lat./Long.

That is odd, usually it would be listed as a Lat./Long.
Actually, this is a more common location format in aviation. It is the Radial Distance. The first 3 letters is the ID of the location (in this case the Honolulu VORTAC), the next 3 digits are the radial or compass heading, and the last 3 is the distance.

So HNL341025 means .25 miles NNW (341 degrees) from the HNL navigation beacon.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl