Not too happy with DJI support and repair service

Lol the DJI forum. Of course the company website is going to be great. You think they will allow more negative than positive?

I think the P4 is a great bird, I have no reservations about buying it. If you are the type that always takes your car to the dealership for service rather than an idependent repair shop you may not enjoy the overall experience. I have found this forum, and the hobby shops that deal in this product to be pretty helpful, it is just the manufacturers after sale support that stinks.

Definitely not someone who always goes to the dealer but I do factor in service and the overall experience when making a decision. I'm willing to pay for service too, but I'm not willing to drop $1000+ and have the company give me the bird when it comes to warranty issues etc.

Good point on the local hobby shop. I'll have to check if they do repairs.

They haven't responded to me even though live chat promised they would.
I guess legal action is the only way to resolve issues with DJI !
I'm not sure what country your in, but I had all sorts of issues with DJI, I won't hijack this thread with the whole mess. You could probably search for my posts and read it for yourself. I was at my wits end with these idiots. I contacted Stephanie Zimmerman at ABC News. She got involved, and got resolution in the form of a new P3P. When that went haywire, I sent it back. They were reluctant to cover it under warranty, wanting to charge me over $500 for repairs. but I remained persistent. Heck, why not, the unit didn't cost me anything. The sticky point on this issue was they didn't read the info on the technician support form I filled out and sent in. Once they did that, they were able to read the flight records I synced with the DJI Go app and see the "aircraft spun in a counter-clockwise direction without any obstructions in the vicinity. The team theorizes that the data shows the possibility of a failed Motor or ESC or the likelihood of a propeller that detached." I got great satisfaction when they told me it was covered under warranty after all.
Their customer service blows. I don't know if it's a language barrier, a clash of cultures, complete lack of training, or corporate mandate. Even the people on other forums that work there don't seem to care about the customers. I've looked into other drones, and unfortunately, there really isn't much out there that compares. Autel has come very close, but DJI's lightbridge is leap years ahead the competition.

Good luck dealing with these idiots. When your ready, I'm sure Stephanie would love to hear your story.

I appreciate all of the replies guys.
Even after reflection, I can't fathom the total lack of care for customers. The flight logs are/should be there for a reason, if your flying towards something at a speed and suddenly stop, it stands a chance you hit something so of course there is no warranty but when the logs clearly show that comms were lost and the bird hovered and then dropped to the ground only a hundred and fifty yards from me should be enough for them to repair it under warranty.

The bummer is that their own evidence built into the machine (logs) is my proof yet they have now asked for them 5 times, they have looked at them at least 2 times and yet ask me to resend them together with another form which is just a time wasting exersize

There are data files for each flight you should be able to extract in the Dji go ap that should show every step and command that occurred on every flight. Unfortunately, I believe you have to have the drone and the controller to do that.

But if I were you I'd be real squeaky wheel and argue your case until they relent.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Lefty63
I can play my last flight through the dji app, ill copy it on my other phone and load it for you guys to see.

Being a doormat and allowing them to walk all over you is also a game over. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, the quiet one gets ignored.
No argument from me there, by all means make it clear you are aware of your rights and comfortable to pursue them if necessary. I am simply suggesting it can be of great benefit to understand the concept, and importance of face "Mianzi" when dealing with our Chinese friends in business. It cannot be underestimated.

Update:

I was asked to fill out a form and email it in to support as well as send in my logs yet again (8th time now).
I did this 2 days ago and got an email confirming receipt and that it would be added to my account so that technical could look at my case again.

I have received no further response so I went online for live support and was told that they were still awaiting me to send the form to them !!!

I can't believe it, I have a receipt for the form and yet now they say they are waiting for it.

Its driving me crazy.

DJI's customer care at its best for you.

There is a new kid in the block - Autel Robotics. The product is not better than P3P or P4 but their customer service is far better than's DJI. That is what drove me to buy the X-Star Premium over the P4, I was seriously considering the P4 as a second drone. Autel Robotics is working on SDK for the X-Star line plus a few mods to the fw and app.

I do like DJI's technology, I can't stand their warranty process / customer care. I feel like by buying a DJI product is gamble and at your own risk.

I am sorry about your sour experience, you are not the only one going thru this.

Update:

Spoke with online support last night, they told me that I would be getting an email but to contact the only support team this morning to push them along.
I did this and this morning at 10am I spoke with online support who told me a decision had been made and I would be getting an email from the repair centre in Netherlands in the next few minutes so I sat waiting all day and no email came.
I just called them on the phone and was told that no one was looking at my case and that they were waiting payment for the repairs but due to the fact that I have been told many times to send in my logs and also fill out repair forms that they would email the tech and repair team to get them to relook at the case for me.

I have no idea whats going on but I am being lied to at a dramatic rate.
I don't have a drone, I have over $4000 invested in this with the extras I have purchased and so far its been a total waste.

I have never really had a problem with them, they have my bird right now for some chip/crack in the body and two of the first gen batts for the spring cracking the plastic. Sent it out Friday, they have it Monday, checked out and all warranty work and fixing as we speak. The other time was right before the update came out for the yoyo. They replaced the main board and updated software, all warranty. I did notice each time on the invoice it says no signs of abuse.. lol. So long story short, they have always been really good, even on emails.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

87f5afce4d9c0f947a137eadfc6b3b22.jpg
a0cad5bf92a2cfbeb3c29c40cbc454a9.jpg

I am glad they are sorting it out for you. I was told before I sent mine in that it was covered under warranty having sent in my logs and only when they had it was I told they would be charging me.
Ill be honest, its not a money thing, its only £120 but its a principle.

I am glad they are sorting it out for you. I was told before I sent mine in that it was covered under warranty having sent in my logs and only when they had it was I told they would be charging me.
Ill be honest, its not a money thing, its only £120 but its a principle.

This is the exact reason I am so hesitant to ever buy a DJI product again. I love their technology but I hate their customer support / warranty.

I feel like it is a gamble, hit or miss. If nothing ever happens with their product then you are good but if you need support / warranty get ready for stories like this.

In an ideal world, every drone would work perfectly, right out of the box. Unfortunately, in the real world, sometimes drone have problems. When problems happen, it's important to have someone to turn to for help.
It is difficult to put value on customer support. If you ever need it, it's worth nothing, but if you must have it, there's no substitute.

Update:

• Hello!

• Thanks for contacting DJI support! This is Michelle, how can I help you?
  • 20:17

• hello

• i was promised an email earlier but nothing came

• CAS-250229-D1W3H8

• each day is more lies and i am very upset right now with dji

• Sorry to hear that

• Let me check your case first

• Dear customer, the chat will close soon if we don't receive a response from you.

• 20:23

• Thank you for waiting

• hi

• Have you receive the quotation for your repair?

• yes

• £116 or something near
  • 20:26

• Have you paid for the quotation?

• lol

• no, because it was not crashed

• it lost communications with the drone and dropped to the floor

• i was asked to fill in a form to get this sorted

• and it seems that again, no one has done anything about it
  • 20:28

• what is it with dji support ?

• i don't mean to be offensive but it really is bad

• i have explained this so many times now

• i would rather someone tell me that dji don't care and i must pay the money or i won't get the drone back than keep messing me around with lies
  • 20:30

• We apologize in this matter

• Let me coordinate it in our repair team and escalated your case to our upper management
  • 20:31

• i have been told this many times

• and nothing happens and then i contact support who tell me that they will scale the complaint

• the next time i speak with technical i am asked if i have paid the repair bill

• can you assist or shall i just forget it and lose the money i paid on the drone ?

• i would rather the truth as this is really wrong and i am fed up with it
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightmare, its actually becoming my daily entertainment now :)

There you go, this is your opportunity to voice your opinion.

DJI.JPG

Here's the link to the survey: DJI User Survey

Week 6 update:

I have called DJI 3 times this morning having had no emails as they promised.
Each call was dumped after giving them the CAS code number.

Any of you guys using 3rd party range extenders or anything? Might contribute to signal loss if you use something other than original equipment, just a thought as I've seen this cause issues on other drones and other RC equipment.

Update.
I was half asleep but n bed and a message alert come through so looked st the phone and it's a message from DJI so I quickly opened my email hoping for the best but instead it was a. Essays asking me to scan a copy of my receipt.
I wouldn't normally mind but they have asked and received 6 copies of my receipt now which was purchased from drones direct online.

I have replied saying no more wasting my time.
I have just now accepted that I have lost my drone and won't get it back. My high morals (although possibly stupid) just won't allow me to give them money after they have constantly lied and wasted my time.
I've said it before, it's not really a money issue. It's about what is right and wrong and I feel they have/are treating me like a fool.

My recent post here: Not too happy with DJI support and repair service

This was about the shoddy service I had from DJI, they have lied to me for weeks just to save themselves on a cheap repair which is their fault, no doubt in that.

Anyway, enough was enough so I sent this message to them via their email system.

"Your company said the flight landed safely.
Only after I sent a video did you accept that it did not.
As I said, your company are liars.
I have paid the repair so fix the drone and send it back. Failure to do so will end in legal action"

They then replied with this.

"Dear Jason,

If you wish to deny reality that it your right of course. If you keep this opinion I will mark this RMA as refused and have it sent back to you.

Hope to have informed you.

Kind Regards,

DJI Support EU"

So, if I keep confirming that the fault was with their system they will not repair the drone even though I have paid for the repair.
I really wished they had a UK office, I would then have the ability to take them to court.

Needless to say, it won't be DJI I buy next time round.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20