Not sure whether to go for the P2V or a P2. Advice please.

Reaction score
Hi,

Been lurking here since just before Christmas and have read nearly all the posts but still can't decide whether to go for the P2V or P2. I intend to buy from First Person View in the UK once they get stock back in and the weather gets better to go out and fly.

I am leaning towards the P2 setup I have listed below, but I have niggerling doubts. I will just be a hobby flyer and I like the simplicity of the P2V with the iPhone app to take photos, but I know unless I buy a gimbal I won't be happy with the video recording. There is only £130 between the P2 and P2V with the options I want to buy, so money is not the deciding factor.

Is it a no brainer to go for the P2 configuration or can anyone convince me to go with the P2V instead?

Many thanks.

P2V.png

Re: Not sure whether to go for the P2V or a P2. Advice pleas

I'll throw me newbie hat in the ring and say Phantom 2.

The Zenmuse gimbal seems much better than the Vision gimbal and the GoPro is a better camera as well.

You could even save a little cash by getting the GoPro Hero 3+ Silver and still be shooting 1080p60 video.

Was wrestling with the same question but have decided to go with the P2. The versatility of the camera is the difference for me. While I don't plan to use all of the features of the gopro right away (2k and 4k, protune, etc), I'd like it to be available to me if I ever want to. I also like the different FOV settings on the gopro. I plan to use the medium and narrow views quite a lot to cut down on lens distortion. Don't think that's possible with the P2V, but not 100% sure.

I also like that I can take the gopro off the phantom and use it in the water, family vacation, or just about anywhere. I never had any desire whatsoever to own a gopro, but during my research for the P2 I've seen so many cool videos. I already have a couple of mounts totally unrelated to the P2 I'd like to get.

Btw- I think the black is worth the difference over the silver. You can't take pics and video simultaneously with the silver, and of course no 2k or 4k (which you may not care about). But in addition, it comes with the remote which you can sell for around $50 (not sure how much that is in £) if you don't need it. So the real price difference is only $50.

FYI - Just heard from a local supplier that DJI will be coming out soon with a free battery promo on the P2V. P2V only, not P2. So now the pricing is even more different.

Thanks guys for all the advice. Am leaning to the P2 setup at the moment but no stock yet at First Person View so need to wait a bit longer.

Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl