Not dji intelligent battery and compass error

Reaction score
HAVING A NIGHTMARE.
My phantom 2 just won't see the battery after i updated. also a compass problem
I recently added a adapter to the gimbal so it would clear the battery so i had to disconnect the compass etc.
then i updated the firmware via the mac and now it won't see the battery. IT powers up but i can't actually power the motors or try to dance calibrate. Done advanced calibration but nothing.
Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 1,264
  • IMG_1416.JPG
    IMG_1416.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 1,145
plus as i turn on the phantom the LED'S don't remain on. they flash red initially then turn off completey.
Pins are all perfect also...

Seened to have solved the problem. i removed the iosd and now it works? The iosd was flashing? Any idea whats up?

Good find!

This problem has been driving me bat **** crazy for most of today.
I've been working on it for so long, I can't remember if it was in this state (flashing red and then nothing) before or after the firmware update I did today.
Did you update as well?

Either way, unplugging the iOSD mini certainly resolves the initialisation issue.
If I plug the iOSD in after the PH2 has powered up, it continues to work OK.
It seems to just be at startup that it falls over.

Additionally, my H3-3D gimbal appears to be stuffed now as well. :(
It powers the GoPro, but it doesn't do a self test or correct any movement. The motors don't seem to be firing at all.
Looks like DJI may have really done a job on the latest firmware.

The blinking green light that you asked about, is simply a 'communicating' signal.
Red constant - Abnormal
Green constant - Normal
Green blinking - Data communicating

Turn your PH2 off, and connect it to your PC.
Leave the iOSD mini plugged in.
Open the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant software and go to the 'Upgrade' page
Turn the PH2 on.
My pages shows:
- Main controller
- GPS
- Receiver-Phantom2
- P330CB
- Gimbal CMU

Turn it off and disconnect the iOSD.
Turn it back on.
Now it also detects:
- Battery
- H3-3D IMU

It's definitely failing and bringing a few other things down with it:
* The battery, which makes sense because we both get that battery error.
* And I suspect the compass error is related to the gimbal IMU.

How THEY are related to the iOSD mini I have no idea...

I re-installed the driver on my PC, and ran through all the firmware upgrades and calibrations again.
My gimbal is now responding and functioning properly.

But, plugging the iOSD in before turning the Phantom on still causes issues.

Thank you for at least narrowing it down to the iOSD!

I am having exactly the same problem after connecting my PH2 to the assistant software for the first time; P330CB 1.0.1.30 firmware update was done automatically . Then the battery and compass error appeared.
Is it possible to get back to the previous P330CB firmware?

alexgarza said:
I am having exactly the same problem after connecting my PH2 to the assistant software for the first time; P330CB 1.0.1.30 firmware update was done automatically . Then the battery and compass error appeared.
Is it possible to get back to the previous P330CB firmware?

Might be possible with a previous version of the Assistant software, but I don't feel like testing that option.

Not that it helps but I have been on 3.04 since day one and updated my P330CB to version 1.0.1.30 a few days ago. Have not seen any issues or conflicts with my iOSD.

Hope you get it resolved soon.

xgeek said:
Not that it helps but I have been on 3.04 since day one and updated my P330CB to version 1.0.1.30 a few days ago. Have not seen any issues or conflicts with my iOSD.

Hope you get it resolved soon.

A quick look around shows that the reports seem to be from users with the H3-3D - that might be the difference.

EDIT: Except - duh - mine is showing the same error and I don't have any kind of gimbal on that P2.

Makes sense. It's like a lottery doing updates on DJI stuff :?

Opened up the Assistant Software when I got home from work and there is an 'upgrade' back down to 1.0.1.27

They've released a rollback, and it is working properly again :)

Seened to have solved the problem. i removed the iosd and now it works? The iosd was flashing? Any idea whats up?

I've also heard that removing the iosd would solve the problem, but where is it located? All i get when i google it is How to install iosd mini.

I've also heard that removing the iosd would solve the problem, but where is it located? All i get when i google it is How to install iosd mini.

i can be either inside or outside the Phantom. Some mount it outside, for ease of access, and other mount inside, like mine.... less stuff to look at on the outside, and it fits well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.