Not a great start !!

Reaction score
Hi all.
First time posting so go easy, (as you can tell its not my drone )
my 14 year old son has just bought a phantom 3 standard after saving his Saturday job money for over six months.
first flight was today in an open field, using auto take off and just practising low manoeuvres and landings.
after several successes I said try and fly around us, next thing the drone shot up in the air to around 20 feet , flipped over and powered itself into the field upside down.
the camera has broken away and the wires have become detached.
needless to say my boys beyond gutted, as am I .
does anyone have an idea what went wrong ,and how I can fix this for him ??
thanks.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi all.
First time posting so go easy, (as you can tell its not my drone )
my 14 year old son has just bought a phantom 3 standard after saving his Saturday job money for over six months.
first flight was today in an open field, using auto take off and just practising low manoeuvres and landings.
after several successes I said try and fly around us, next thing the drone shot up in the air to around 20 feet , flipped over and powered itself into the field upside down.
the camera has broken away and the wires have become detached.
needless to say my boys beyond gutted, as am I .
does anyone have an idea what went wrong ,and how I can fix this for him ??
thanks.
Gezz sorry to read,link somewhere here phantom help,can upload flight data there,got instuctions on how to do

You can upload the flight log from the phone/tablet used to fly to;

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Or

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Both have instructions on how to get the file from your device and upload.

Share the link to the flight here and it is likely someone may provide insight as to what went wrong.

Flying into the ground inverted seems like you may have had an issue that will be covered by warranty.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Thanks for the replies,
I will try uploading the data as suggested ( thanks for the link )
ive had a look on dji site about crash repairs and ill give them a call Monday, not sure what the uk service is like, but I have read a lot of good praise so fingers crossed , my sons hanging on to a glimmer of hope !!
the drone took such a hit to its top when it crashed to the ground the alloy arm holding the camera has bent as well as the base plate breaking ! glad we were not underneath it .
the props are screw on by the way.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate unplanned landing.

just a quick update, the drone was returned to dji for repair.
callum enclosed a note hoping they will help him out !
ill let you know how we get on

Dude, happened to me. Mine had the propeller rip off mid flight and hit the ground at 45mph. Call DJI and create a case. Back up the flight data and they will fix it. Mine was destroyed and the rebuilt it and sent me a new one. Awesome customer service! Don't worry you'll be flying again soon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94