Noob Questions

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I recently got a Phantom 3, and flew it a few times. It works and runs great!

However, I noticed that there are a lot of terms and things (like ATTI), and i was wondering if someone could explain these terms or point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Pfg

ATTI is attitude mode. I am not trying to sound like **** (I want to you to be a successful flyer ;)), but I would suggest you familiarize yourself with the manual as it will teach you all about ATTI and lots of other pertinent info needed to fly your quad safely & properly. Keep in mind that is a lot of money zipping around, you want to know all about it before you use it.

Reactions: clkilljoy
Thank you! I will be sure to look.

ATTI is short for attitude mode. The quad will maintain altitude and orientation but not position without input from you.

Suggest you download the manual and read it. Twice. ;)

ATTI is attitude mode. I am not trying to sound like **** (I want to you to be a successful flyer ;)), but I would suggest you familiarize yourself with the manual as it will teach you all about ATTI and lots of other pertinent info needed to fly your quad safely & properly. Keep in mind that is a lot of money zipping around, you want to know all about it before you use it.

Not **** like at all. :D

FYWTM just doesn't seem to roll off the keyboard the same way. Maybe it will grow on me. :D

If a new flyer can't ask a question without getting a arrogant question, it kills open discussion

Reactions: dalebb
We were all new pilots at one time. I have asked my fair share of dumb questions. Still do. Most will help you without any sarcasm. This is a great forum. Jerry.

I have my manual on computer desk top and keep checking bits as its easy to forget some bits, unfortunately the manual is not complete and there are lots of undocumented features.

Is that a Chinese misprint that caught on? Shouldn't it be alt for altitude mode? Attitude.. Ha

Is that a Chinese misprint that caught on? Shouldn't it be alt for altitude mode? Attitude.. Ha
Attitude flying is a simple concept which is used in both airplane and helicopter flying. The way it works is that the pitch attitude of the aircraft determines the forward speed, and power determines the altitude.

http://www.copters.com/pilot/attitude.html

Reactions: 30secs
Hey everyone!

I recently got a Phantom 3, and flew it a few times. It works and runs great!

However, I noticed that there are a lot of terms and things (like ATTI), and i was wondering if someone could explain these terms or point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Pfg
In simple words,
Attitude vs GPS mode:
In GPS mode when you release both sticks, the phantom stops where it is (more or less)
In Atti, it carries on drifting due to the force of its inertia, and can be (and is) carried away by the wind as well, but the altitude is (quite) maintained.
Gps is constantly correcting everything, which can be annoying sometimes when you try to shoot a very smooth video (problem less visible now with 3axis gimbals)
ATTI helps for smoother video and faster speeds but require better skills on sticks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers