No wifi module!

Reaction score
Im hoping someone can enlighten me. I recently bought a vision 2 and everything seemed to work fine except the FPV. Could not ping 192.168.1.10. When I opened it up to check for loose cables I found the wifi box totally missing. I have no idea what else may be missing but have 2 questions.
1. Are Wi-Fi modules for both 2+ and 3 compatible with 2?
2. Can anyone tell me if there is anything else missing from my innards shown in pic?
TIA, Howie
20171130_145556.jpg

Hello,
That is a phantom 2 vision, THE WIFI CARD IS IN THE CAMERA EGG, only the Phantom 2 vision PLUS, has the wifi module on the mainboard.
So your not missing anything, from what I can see.

It might be a MAC address problem?

Do you have a android device?
If so download ( InSSIDer app )
Then follow video below
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Try to bind ( might take a couple tries ) if still no luck, you might have a problem with your camera unit

J Dot
:cool:

Hello,
That is a phantom 2 vision, THE WIFI CARD IS IN THE CAMERA EGG, only the Phantom 2 vision PLUS, has the wifi module on the mainboard.

Then follow video below

Try to bind ( might take a couple tries ) if still no luck, you might have a problem with your camera unit

J Dot
Not to change the subject, but glad your still kickin J Dot.. what hurricane? Lol

Hello,

Then follow video below

J Dot
Awesome! Thanks. I have InSSIDer installed on my android and will try the process in the morning.

Yes,
We were in for a quite a blow! But all is well! We survived, with really no damage, just a lot of fences and trees down around us, and a LOT of debris!

And
Yes give InSSIDer a try and let us know?

J Dot

Well I tried the steps several times. The MAC address shown in inSSIDer was the same as the vision app picked up. Never the less I typed it in manually as well. Unfortunately still no video. I also unplugged the cable to the camera and reseated it.

Sounds like a failed board 3 in you camera egg.
I'd try to find a replacement camera, or board!
This happens a lot with the fc200 camera unit!

J Dot

There is a guy on eBay selling refurbished units for $99. That's the best price I've seen!:)

Thanks, I thought I did a pretty thorough search on eBay too and only found one refurbished which is priced at $155. I searched "phantom 2 vision camera".

Yep
Darn $99 was a good price! Lol, I guess others thought so Too!

Call my buddy, maybe he can help?
Mike Holt
530-277-5366
( in California )

See if he can help?
Tell him Jerry from Florida, if he asks who sent you!

J Dot

I tried the new app on the Android 1.0.61 with a Samsung 4 smartphone and tried Litchi - still a black screen on both - can see the telemetry data etc - so I know I am communicating with the Phantom - so its confirmed they are in the egg for the F2V - I found one on ebay - brand new in box - they look like they come from China - has anyone ever tried these with success - they look a slight bit different

FC200_zpsscimdrb0.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic