No Right Control

Reaction score
Was flying phantom 4 pro v2+ with mode 2 control stick mapping the other day and noticed that I had no roll (right stick) control. All other controls were fine. landed, rebooted both drone and controller then tried again. Nothing. Went in to mapping and tried a different mapping mode: once roll control was transferred to left stick I could roll, but yaw controller (moved to left) no longer worked. Thus problem seems to be in controller, not drone. (Went back to normal Mode 2 mapping.)

Reall, REALLY, would like to avoid sending it to DJI, especially as I am second owner. Any alternative solutions on offer here?

Was flying phantom 4 pro v2+ with mode 2 control stick mapping the other day and noticed that I had no roll (right stick) control. All other controls were fine. landed, rebooted both drone and controller then tried again. Nothing. Went in to mapping and tried a different mapping mode: once roll control was transferred to left stick I could roll, but yaw controller (moved to left) no longer worked. Thus problem seems to be in controller, not drone. (Went back to normal Mode 2 mapping.)

Reall, REALLY, would like to avoid sending it to DJI, especially as I am second owner. Any alternative solutions on offer here?
Did you try recalibrating,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did you try recalibrating,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thank you – very good idea. I don’t think I had tried that before. However, that also showed me the problem. I’m not getting any signal on the right stick in calibration when I move it to the left to right. Forward and backward stick inputs register fully, but nothing for either left or right roll control.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Oso
It’s not unusual for screws to break off inside of the RCs. For example, the buttons (RTH especially) push down inside the case or the sticks become wobbly because one or more screw bosses break off internally. If it were mine, I would have already had it open to check on the internals.

Reactions: JoBe
It’s not unusual for screws to break off inside of the RCs. For example, the buttons (RTH especially) push down inside the case or the sticks become wobbly because one or more screw bosses break off internally. If it were mine, I would have already had it open to check on the internals.
Well....despite the Spidey Sense tingling in my head, I took off the only four screws I could find. At that point I realized the world is divided in to two parts: those who would dare proceed, and those who would not. I know where I fall. (Latter half.) Also shook things around and heard nothing even remotely moving.

This is not looking good. Always open to other ideas, but need guidance. not find much on the Net.

• Haha
Reactions: JoBe
For service try dji drone service, hillside nj. I have used them and am satisfied with there work.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31