P4 Firmware No Limit Dronez

Reaction score
I have a friend that paid $50 for this firmware. His P4 Std is dead. Limp gimble. Battery shows 2nd and 3rd bars but not the 1st or 4th. A whole variety of malfunctions.
He can’t reflash back to DJI firmware. He is in a mess.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience that might help?

Thanks for any info you can offer.

Any contact back to NLD?
Oh yes. He has been back and forth multiple times. They tell him it is something he did, not their “patch”.

They further told him they didn’t put out full firmware, they put a “dent” into the DJI FW and inserted their patch.

They are at the point of being rude, suggested he send it back to DJI. Not their problem basically.

As I understand it, they convert the FW to the FCC version which lifts all the flight restrictions.

Sorry, I misunderstood. They are international and set other countries to the USA FCC FW. Not what he is dealing with.

Sounds like a nightmare. He can’t use DJI Assist to reload. A real hot mess.

And thus it reinforces the reasoning to not use third-party mods. DJI has no responsibility to help him fix this, since this is something he did to the firmware. NLD has their money and so they also have no motivation to help. Same situation as people who decide to modify boot loaders and get root access to their phones. In these cases it is unfortunate but many times you end up stuck with what you got yourself into.

I have used NLD one time and have not had an issue. There are several different parameters that can be changed, not just the FCC parameter.
Maybe I should just consider myself lucky in that my main issue was being able to get a bit more altitude for some mountain flying that I do.
Sorry it went south on you and hope it gets better.

Yep, he is looking at buying another P4 with a damaged gimbal and swapping his camera and gimbal over to that one.

I will never, ever do such a thing. My only question to him was, “did you learn anything?”

Thanks to all!

Reactions: Capt KO
Yep, he is looking at buying another P4 with a damaged gimbal and swapping his camera and gimbal over to that one.

I will never, ever do such a thing. My only question to him was, “did you learn anything?”

Thanks to all!

Sorry, I misunderstood. They are international and set other countries to the USA FCC FW. Not what he is dealing with.

Sounds like a nightmare. He can’t use DJI Assist to reload. A real hot mess.

Any modification you do, or even your friend and a friend of your friend are made at own risk.
Having said that I strongly doubt that the problems you described were generated by NLD. For convenience I have used their service several times for different DJI aircraft, even for Inspire 2, but then I personally modify some flight and battery parameters. I certainly can't say that they are responsible for the malfunctions that sometimes can happen. Indeed I have had serious problems in the past, years ago, have had major problems because of the petulance of the DJI GO and GO 4 app imposing limits and actuating unnecessary checks, plus malfunctions, disconnections, etc. etc, all very disturbing, but this before making mods and using the providential modified applications.
Thanks to NLD.

Have you considered NLD is right in their response- that is it is something your friend did and not the fault of their modded firmware? Things can and do go pear shaped doing a stock factory firmware update.

I too have a bricked P4, due to attempted NLD firmware load. I know I took a risk. DJI assistant will no longer communicate with the drone. NLD gives the message: FAILED TO ENTER UPGEADE MODE. I am sure they mean upgrade, not upgeade. If their spelling was my only problem, I could live with it. So, does anyone smarter and wiser than me have any thoughts? Thanks in advance...

Reach out to them. I've found them to be good folks. Have rolled back FW on about 6 drones with no troubles at all.

Yes, they told me in early December they had a bin file that would fix things. It never arrived. When I asked about it last week, they said sorry.... it turned out not to work.
So, I am sort of at a dead end. Will probably just sell the parts and move on with life....
Thanks for the reply.

BTW, my post count is not accurate. I have an account under FLIGHTLOGIC.
For some reason, I am not able to log in today.
My collection includes a P4 pro and Mavic2 pro. The standard P4 was a backup drone for work. Should not have tried to remove the NFZ, I suppose. As a pilot, I needed access to some airport photos. I know I should have gotten a waiver. Live and learn.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20