No HD upload on Utube?

Reaction score
Its been a few weeks since ive been able to upload videos from my PV2 to Youtube. I've tried to upload 3 videos since last night all taken in 1080p 30fps but every time they are published they only give the option to be shown in 360p as max rez? Has youtube changed something? The only thing different since my last upload is I've installed a taco supreme gimbal which cant be the problem because when I watch the videos from the sd card straight on my android tablet or laptop they are definitely in full HD. Am I doing something real stupid in the upload process?

Confused???? :? :?

Hi.

There are two things that I can think of, and none of them are hardware related.

1. When you upload HD footage, it doesn't process the 720 or 1080 versions right away.
They do this so you get a quick 'result' - and the HD versions will become available a bit later.
I would still expect the same day however.

2. If you've ever been slapped with infringements from YouTube for posting Copyrighted material (I've received one), they can reduce your entitlements, which include things like:
- can't post video more than X minutes long
- can't post HD video
- check their website for more

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
But I wouldn't be concerned that it is a hardware issue.

rhino said:
Hi.

There are two things that I can think of, and none of them are hardware related.

1. When you upload HD footage, it doesn't process the 720 or 1080 versions right away.
They do this so you get a quick 'result' - and the HD versions will become available a bit later.
I would still expect the same day however.

+1. Depending on encoding of uploaded footage, it usually takes me 1-30 minutes before I can see an HD version on Youtube. In (the old) iMovie, you could encode your output with "prepare for internet streaming" and it process faster.

Thanks lads, yeah normally the hd would show up around 30 mins after the sd was uploaded and I always use firefox. It seems to be sorted now. I checked about 2 hours ago and they were still only in sd after 3 days but uploaded a video an hour ago and now all of my troublsome videos are in hd. Must have been some sort of a delay in their servers? Strange one but all back to normal again.
Thanks again!
Mal.

Edit: I had to think for a few mins there whether I had gotten any warnings off youtube, surprisingly I havent, yet :twisted:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20