No Drones LA! Picketing at LA PD Dept.

Well, unfortunately if the LAPD aren't allowed to fly drones they probably aren't going to be too keen on seeing someone else flying one. On the other hand, if they are allowed to use drone technology, maybe police departments will become more tolerant of others who fly drones safely.

They have outlined the criteria which would allow them to be used...

PERMISSIBLE USES
AnsUAS may be deployed to provide enhanced situational awareness solely during the following circumstances or types of incidents:
• Barricaded Suspects;'
• Active Shooter Incidents;
• Assessments of Explosive Devices and Explosions;
• Hostage Situations;
• Natural Disasters;
• Hazardous Materials Incidents;
• Search and Rescue Operations;and,
• Perimeter Searches of Armed Suspects with Superior Firepower,an Extraordinary
Tactical Advantage, or Who are Wanted for Assault with a Firearm Against a Police Officer.

SOURCE: http://www.lapdpolicecom.lacity.org/101717/BPC_17-0410.pdf?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw==&refsrc=email&iid=b66b4ec4ffd84cdb9eb445bf53daa737&uid=378143162&nid=244+272699400

Reactions: V tail and dirkclod
Keep in mind that this is the very same PD that was shut down a couple years ago because the public outcry against them using UAS was so strong. Fortunately for many of us this is the model we used on how to NOT start your UAS program for Public Safety.

I highly suspect it's going to get "shot down" all over again and that's sad because we know how much good can come from this technology.

Reactions: sar104
Did you see all the anti-police comments on the FB page linked? Pledging to shoot them down. I bet if a drone could save their lost child they would be all for it.

Did you see all the anti-police comments on the FB page linked? Pledging to shoot them down. I bet if a drone could save their lost child they would be all for it.

Exactly. A closed mind is a very dangerous thing.

But a closed, paranoid mind is obviously something to be proud of.
Yes and unfortunately it's epidemic in this day and time.

But a closed, paranoid mind is obviously something to be proud of.
Either the LAPD is a sneaky bunch or many of the residents are trying to hide something. If LE respects the rules there should be nothing to be paranoid about. Cali is a pretty crazy place and I am saying that while residing in New York! :eek:

California is more progressive than NY. I live in WV. By choice. You know where we stand. Lol It seems the higher crime states are more progressive.

California is more progressive than NY. I live in WV. By choice. You know where we stand. Lol It seems the higher crime states are more progressive.
Which crime rates are you using to back that one with? Different areas of the country have different problems to fix. Like mortality death rates by opiod overdose (by state).

When I made my move, it was violent crime, in which Fl. was on top many years in a row. In WV. many People don’t even know what home invasions are. I have a daughter with disabilities that I devote my life to give her the best life possible. It has been a good move with very love people working with her.

Reactions: dirkclod
When I made my move, it was violent crime, in which Fl. was on top many years in a row. In WV. many People don’t even know what home invasions are. I have a daughter with disabilities that I devote my life to give her the best life possible. It has been a good move with very love people working with her.
You might be surprised to see the violent crime statistics by percentage of population are higher in WV than you expected. Some of them are much closer to "Progressive CA" (from your previous post) than you have might have thought.

No contest with FL, their rates are just scary across the board. I write software for the transportation industry, we have "features" that were added to account with FL's stunning number of registered sexual predators. The DoJ has a web app where you can easily run those numbers.

I get moving to where your daughter would have the best quality of life. I would do that in a second for my daughters.

You might be surprised to see the violent crime statistics by percentage of population are higher in WV than you expected. Some of them are much closer to "Progressive CA" (from your previous post) than you have might have thought.

No contest with FL, their rates are just scary across the board. I write software for the transportation industry, we have "features" that were added to account with FL's stunning number of registered sexual predators. The DoJ has a web app where you can easily run those numbers.

I get moving to where your daughter would have the best quality of life. I would do that in a second for my daughters.
Absolutely! The time I checked it was a good move. You really have to read between the lines in those reports. I was reading them for 2 hours yesterday. People are fairly free to use guns in WV. Do something against someone, they will protect themselves. It’s easy to get shot if breaking into someone’s house. Just don’t do it here. The laws protect the home owner. There are a lot of rapes on the college campuses. Dealers shoot each other. All that plays on the overall violent crime. With a small population, it can look bad. People are very friendly to help you here. They look after each other. I broke down on the highway and a stranger drove me a the way to my house. Same type of thing happened to an actor ( can’t remember his name). They didn’t recognize him. They helped him out and even bought hem lunch. He said he is moving here. Not having large cities is a blessing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl