No complaints?

I've gone from fly away fears to being shot down fears! My P3A is always rock steady. Read the comments following the story about the Kentucky shoot down and see how many people say that they would have done the same thing. Scary.

Reactions: keith slagle
I've gone from fly away fears to being shot down fears! My P3A is always rock steady. Read the comments following the story about the Kentucky shoot down and see how many people say that they would have done the same thing. Scary.

A simple way to remove this fear is to not fly over someones home at low altitude.

The latest firmware and issue free phantom advanced.

Pilot error is the most comon error in flying.
Machine error may ocur but probably 90% of the problems are pilot error.

Use a checklist, and If anything seams not ok, land it. And then debug it in the stand or in very low flight.

What had astonished me is different firmware behavior on same machines. How is it possible? I suspect different hardware revisions all around...
I update all my battery (total of 7) and no issue, but I noted that there are at least 3 different fw rev on them: 1.6.0.0, 1.6.0.1 and 1.6.0.2. Now they are all 1.7.0.0

but I noted that there are at least 3 different fw rev on them: 1.6.0.0, 1.6.0.1 and 1.6.0.2. Now they are all 1.7.0.0

where are you seeing/looking for the different FW versions on your batteries...i would be curious to look at my two new batteries that just got taken out of the box...interesting finding.

A simple way to remove this fear is to not fly over someones home at low altitude.
My comment was actually a joke. I don't fly over houses. If I did, I would think being over 250 feet would be safe. It appears that altitude wasn't safe for the guy in Kentucky.

where are you seeing/looking for the different FW versions on your batteries...i would be curious to look at my two new batteries that just got taken out of the box...interesting finding.

You can see all the fw process in a log file inside hidden directory "MISC". There you find a "Log" directory with a .txt file with detailed update process. Battery is a section. I'm mobile now and can't remember the filename and battery section exactly.

What had astonished me is different firmware behavior on same machines. How is it possible? I suspect different hardware revisions all around..
As well as hardware differences (there was a recent post on the differences between the 300A/300B RC which noted some pretty major differences, who knows as far as the bird itself), I also wonder about firmware update issues (bad update installs etc) and lack of error checking. We didn't have the option of simply uninstalling the firmware and reinstalling it until very recently. That alone might have eliminated some issues.

no problemas. Even with one crash on it (my fault) is PUURFECT. Latest firmware on everything. My iPhone doesn't even gets hot. Sometimes I think is alive and the only thing that wants to do is fly like a lunatic lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic