Nexus 7 II not working

Reaction score
I have been flying my P3 just fine with my iPhone 5s. The only problem was the screen was so small. Sooooo, I bought a used Nexus 7 II off of Ebay for $99 (what a deal). I took it out today and tried to fly with the N7 and it would not connect. I don't know anything about android and a very little about my new P3. The Android is running 4.4.2 OS. I down loaded the Pilot App from DJI today and it installed fine. It show that is it is version 1.1.0. However, the Google store shows that the latest version is 1.1.10. Not sure if I have the wrong version. I installed the latest firmware on my P3 and controller last week in order to get the 5s to work. I also purchased a new cable today from Best Buy. Does anyone have any ideas on where to start? Thanks!!!

You have the correct version you have a typo in the version you wrote for the play store version.

When you plugged in the USB from RC to tablet and started app did it tell you to turn on USB debugging?

Interested to see how this goes. Want to use my Nexus as a backup to ipad.

You have the correct version you have a typo in the version you wrote for the play store version.

When you plugged in the USB from RC to tablet and started app did it tell you to turn on USB debugging?
Yes it did...and I did.

Not being a smartass but you are positive it is a Nexus 7(2013), it will have the camera on the back, (2012 models do not).

I did have to use another cable as my first one didn't work, though you said you bought a new one, did you try the one that came with your P3? That is the one that I am now using

I am using my N7 (2013) with no issues though I am on the latest software 5.1.1

You need to upgrade your android version and make sure you use the app downloaded from the DJI website. I fly daily with a Nexus 7 (2013) both my inspire and P3

Not being a smartass but you are positive it is a Nexus 7(2013), it will have the camera on the back, (2012 models do not).

I did have to use another cable as my first one didn't work, though you said you bought a new one, did you try the one that came with your P3? That is the one that I am now using

Thank you for responding. Yes it has a camera on the back. It did not come with a cable. I suppose I could try to upgrade to the latest version and reinstall the Pilot app? I will try another cable tomorrow just to remove that as an issue.

I am doing a system update now. It says that it will updated it to 4.4.3. How do I get to 5.1.1? Thanks!

THey go one after another, eventually It will get to the latest.
Ohhhh! When I finally get to 5.1.1 how do I "wipe out" my tablet? Sorry but today is the first day I have every touched an Android device. It is pretty intuitive however. Thank you for your help!

Ohhhh! When I finally get to 5.1.1 how do I "wipe out" my tablet? Sorry but today is the first day I have every touched an Android device. It is pretty intuitive however. Thank you for your help!
Go to settings/ back & reset and do a factory reset....this will set the phone back to a "clean" state

Reactions: MariposaLand
Thank you for responding. Yes it has a camera on the back. It did not come with a cable. I suppose I could try to upgrade to the latest version and reinstall the Pilot app? I will try another cable tomorrow just to remove that as an issue.

Good to see that the updates are coming along, the USB cable I was referring to came with the P3, that is the one I use.

Thank you all for the recommendations regarding updating the OS and resetting the pad. That is done but still no connection. I will have to look at cable. Will any USB to mini usb cable work? I asked the guy at Bestbuy what to get and he pointed to a row of mini usb cables. I picked the one with the shortest length.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers