Newport Harbor & Corona del Mar Beach Scenic Flights - P2V+

Reaction score
It was a perfect morning for flying with almost no wind and clear skies. I went with a friend to the coast for my first flights over water.

I flew over the Newport Harbor, near the Balboa Peninsula, Newport Beach and also near Corona del Mar State Beach in Orange County, California.

It was thrilling flying over water. :cool:

I had a GetterBack fishing rod recovery system attached with the velcro strap and also a plastic cable tie to a rear landing gear leg just in case it crashed in to the water. But the P2V+ flew perfectly. I kept it moving at all times and descended slowly while maintaining forward movement.

I welcome any tips, hints or constructive criticism about my flying techniques. I think I need to rotate/pan the Phantom more slowly when making turns to keep the videos from being sickening. Or just record while flying straight, stop the video, turn and start it again.

(Be sure to watch them in 1080P HD.)

Re: Newport Harbor & Corona del Mar Beach Scenic Flights - P

You were in my hood. At least from my phone, no video just the 3 stillls.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

PhantomPhreak said:

Cool, are you on Balboa Peninsula or in CDM? I'm in CDM.

You wouldn't happen to be the guy I briefly met at the Pirate Coast Paddle For Water charity SUP event?

Andy,
Loved your videos. I lived in Costa Mesa right out of high school. My cousin and I bought a boat and built lobster traps one summer and fished all winter. I also worked at a hamburger stand on the beach in New Port.
The landscape has changed dramatically since I was there but the memories are like it happened yesterday. Lots of fun nights down on Balboa Peninsula.
Skip

AndysAdventures said:
PhantomPhreak said:

Cool, are you on Balboa Peninsula or in CDM? I'm in CDM.

I am in Laguna Niguel but frequent PCH from Newport to Dana Point taking still with my Canon gear or walking the dogs. I am a new pilot building confidence to try the cliffs in Laguna.

You wouldn't happen to be the guy I briefly met at the Pirate Coast Paddle For Water charity SUP event?
Not me.

Can see your video on my home PC. Looks awesome.

PhantomPhreak said:
Not me.

Can see your video on my home PC. Looks awesome.

Ah ok. There was a guy at that event with a hard case that I recognized from my Phantom research. Sure enough, he had a P2V+ inside of it.

Thanks for the compliment.

I'm encoding an edited version of those three videos with some music right now. Should be a little more fun to watch that way.

Edit - :arrow: Here's the quickly edited video with the "May 2014 Free File of the Month" royalty free music track "Acoustic Peace" from Audio Jungle.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9vy5rLhGAs[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj