My First "Real" Flights - Buck Gully Canyon - Newport Beach

Reaction score
I took my dog and the Phantom out for a walk/flight combo this morning to the lookout point on San Joaquin Hills Road in Newport Beach, CA.

It overlooks the Buck Gully Reserve coastal canyon hiking trail with views of the Pacific Ocean, Newport Coast, and Corona del Mar (Orange County, California).

I didn't go very far up or away but it was thrilling to be flying over a canyon instead of a "safe" baseball field.

Here's the best video of the morning -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-aJQ9Zp_pw

Probably a boring video to most of you, but my heart was pounding during this flight. :D

I also uploaded another short video of me practicing my "grab from the air" rather than landing on a hard surface technique. I've found that to be easier than risking tipping over on a hard surface and chewing up the propellers.

To make it easier to keep my bearings today, I just flew with the forward direction on the right stick and slowly turned with the left stick. It was similar to how I'm used to flying my little Syma S107G mini R/C helicopter.

Re: My First "Real" Flights - Buck Gully Canyon - Newport Be

AndysAdventures said:
Probably a boring video to most of you, but my heart was pounding during this flight. :D

I also uploaded another short video of me practicing my "grab from the air" rather than landing on a hard surface technique. I've found that to be easier than risking tipping over on a hard surface and chewing up the propellers.

To make it easier to keep my bearings today, I just flew with the forward direction on the right stick and slowly turned with the left stick.

Been there! +1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20