Newbie set up problems

Reaction score
Hi there,

Bought a new and boxed Phantom 2 Vision plus yesterday, going through the set up at home, i have the app on my iPhone 4s for the camera etc...
Went to my phones Wifi, can only see Phantom_****** no other networks. Try to connect to it and it wont happen at all.
I know this is the SSID for the range extender but not seeing anything for the camera.
I do eventually connect to the Range extender, load up the app, open the camera menu and nothing shows up, then the wifi drops off.

I've tried resetting the R-ext and binding using the QR Code on the body, felt like i connected better to the extender when it was waiting to be binded than after i'd scanned the QR code as it dropped off soon after and i'm back to square one.

I doubt it but is there anything i've missed during set up to power the camera wifi on?
Could something have not been plugged in by the factory?

Please help :)

Best regards,
Rob

This might sound like a dumb question but you didn't mention it in your post. You are turning on the battery in the Pantom when doing this test right? That is where the camera gets power from. As for the wifi dropping off, I had this issue with my Galaxy Note 3. If I put it in Airplane mode and then turn on the wifi the issues with losing the wifi connection went away completely.

Yes haha, all units were powered up at the time. I was using the 4S in airplane mode with just the wifi on.
It did all work for about 10 seconds but now nothing, probably going to return it as a faulty unit.

I have a Droid phone but I'm sure Apple has something similar to the "Smart network switch" which will disconnect from the Phantom network and connect to what the phone thinks is a "better" WiFi network. Turn that off.

You also said, "Try to connect to it and it wont happen at all" but then "I do eventually connect to the Range extender". Which is it? Can you connect to the Phantom network?

Have you fully charged the range extender?

Also... go to the "Settings" on the DJI phone app and change your preview settings to 320 15fps instead of 640 30fps or 640 15 fps. My phone usually displays a black screen for the camera if the preview settings are too high.

And... if you have a home network that your phone is paired with - I would turn off your home network to prevent it from trying to take over the Wifi connection. You could try going into your phone's Wifi settings make sure that you bump the Phantom up to a higher priority level on the Wifi connections list as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT