Newbie questions regarding F550

Remember it's not just all about making sure your sticks move, they need to move in the right directions.
In the assistant they need to move like this,
Throttle and elevator need to move to the right in the assistant when the sticks are raised, and the aileron and rudder need to move right in the assistant when the sticks are moved right.
While ur in the assistant it does sound like ur stuck in atti mode which won't stop you from firing it up, but you may as well make sure you have a switch properly configured for GPS ATTI & FAILSAFE.
That's just a simple job of adjusting the trims for the switch in the TX setup while watching the result in the assistant.
Again while ur in the assistant, you'll also want to setup your TX so the 550 goes in to failsafe when the transmitter is turned off.
The results of your setup can all be watched in real time in ur assistant before you even take ur first flight.
Have fun :-D
Wow! This is so much more info you are giving to me. Thank you very much indeed! :). However I still don't get it, I am a bit lost at the throttle and elevator part. Could you please show me how to do it in Naza assistant by some screenshots or images maybe? I am looking online for solution too but none has been helping so far. Once again I appreciate your help on this part of getting my new build running!
Nick

Hey Nick, I'm currently on holidays and won't be near my machines or the assistant for another 10 days or so.
I'll try my best to talk you through it but I don't have the luxury of screenshots etc for now.
So basically with your 550 plugged innto the computer with the Naza assistant running, click the BASIC button at the top then RC tab and you should see your sticks and switches layed out as sliders.
If you move the TX sticks you should seen the sliders move on computer screen.
Make sure they all move in the directions I listed in my original post. If not click the button at the end of the slider to make it go from norm to rev.
FYI, on all my machines A & R are both rev in the assistant with T & E set to norm.
Check if it's all correct, if not change the appropriate channels to rev or norm as needed, then bring ur A & R sticks down and together then release the rudder and raise your throttle off the bottom a little since its not self centering and see if the props spin up.
Do this with the props off since this will be the first time you've crancked it up.
If the motors spin up use this opportunity to make sure they all spin in the correct directions.
If not, you just need to swap any 2 of the 3 wires coming out of the ESC to the motor to correct it's rotation direction.

here are a couple videos ,

Guys I have finally started the motors okay. The sticks were in reversed LOL :) I have one more problem left, the assistant will not let me choose GPS mode in Naza. There are only manual, failsafe and atti. I somehow manage to mount the GPS and put in x y z value but it still doesn't work. Perhaps a defect GPS?

Good to hear. By any chance is your pitch reversed...? My build is now here myself and I had just this problem and have read about it online a lot. For some reason the pitch reverses and obviously needs to be moved in the wrong direction. If pitch is reversed try un-reversing it and try again (fixed it for me) just make sure your f550 is flying correctly (forwards is forwards) after doing this.

While I've got you could you do me a solid and go into the naza assistant with your f550 and tell me what your compass (raw) values are? My z axis is slightly high at around +450 should be okay but was wondering if that high z value is a f550 thing...

Thanks! Hope your problem resolves itself!
I only got 1. fluctuate and I havent calibrate the IMU yet, still having some problem as GPS wouldnt be able to choose from in Naza assisant. There are only manual, atti and faisafe :(

1 Fluctuate? Well give the IMU cali a try although it wont fox your csc issue. If you have no gps might be worth removing and re seating the gps cable (should go into exp) Gps however shouldn't be a choice in the drop down menu. It should be the first one on that line... (furthest left)

1 Fluctuate? Well give the IMU cali a try although it wont fox your csc issue. If you have no gps might be worth removing and re seating the gps cable (should go into exp) Gps however shouldn't be a choice in the drop down menu. It should be the first one on that line... (furthest left)
Oh so GPS cable should go in Exp port? In the manual it says GPS port on pMU. Perhaps something wrong with the manual? I will try to calibrate it and give you the value when I see my uncle again.

Sorry no no no! ignore me! Yes it goes into the pmu. then the pmu goes to the exp! Thats over a year with a phantom kicking in there. They have a separate pmu. Thanks for checking the calibration. What did you mean by 1 fluctuate?

Oh it like 1.02 & then 1.05 then back to 1.02 again, the value changes a little but not too much, maybe calibration needed. I would check IMU status on my P3 to see if there is any differences and with notify you asap. Ok back to F550, X3 goes to X3 on the flight controller, GPS goes to GPS port, EXP port is blank, GPS is yet to appear in the assistant (GPS option is not highlighted blue) besides failsafe, manual and atti. Motors start now when executing CSC lol. 1 problem down, another problem arises :)

Is that your Z value on compass raw? Sorry its been a long day... Okay well with regards to the gps the gps puck should plug into the gps in on the pmu then the x3 into x3 then the exp out on the pmu should go into the exp port on the naza. The exp out cable should be quite large and black with a grey connector on it. Are you able to send a picture of the wiring you have around the naza? If this doesn't help it gives me a better idea of what to look for.

I will post up a pic of my set up soon

Is that your Z value on compass raw? Sorry its been a long day... Okay well with regards to the gps the gps puck should plug into the gps in on the pmu then the x3 into x3 then the exp out on the pmu should go into the exp port on the naza. The exp out cable should be quite large and black with a grey connector on it. Are you able to send a picture of the wiring you have around the naza? If this doesn't help it gives me a better idea of what to look for.
Yes I think that is the raw value.

Cool, that will help a lot. Will have a better idea what is going on when you post the pic

Strange raw value... are you sure youre not looking at your imu values? compass data should be in the -350 to 350 range, but i guess that encompasses what you said... mine is nearly always around 300...

Never mind anyway, how did you fix the problem with the csc?

I reversed the sticks and they worked :) Wish I figured that out sooner. Now the set up is only good for GPS and Atti. I wont be able to work on it again until wednesday. Will keep you updated.

Fair enough, I thought as much. So your'e saying you now can't get into fail safe then? You may have to activate it else where in the assistant...

The drop down box in flight mode only allows me to choose from manual, atti and failsafe. There is no GPS for me to choose. I have mount GPS Module, set up x, y, z. However I am stuck without an option to fly with GPS. :(

Sorry about the typo in my reply before, it should be Only be active in atti and failsafe, there is no GPS recognised, I had typed completely wrong things. Silly me!

Ha, no worries, so is the PMU plugged into the EXP and the X3 port on the naza? You said in an earlier post that the exp port on the naza had nothing in... That should be where the gps goes in if you weren't using a pmu like on a phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl