Newbie here

Reaction score
Hi, just been out with my Phantom 3 Professional, first time ive ever flown a quadcopter and was very impressed, kept it in novice mode all the time, my question is i have recoreded some video to the sd card, but how do i play it back on my computer, im lost here, can you help please.

I have 2 files on my computer that i have uploaded from my sd card, but dont know where to go from here,

Welcome :)

When you say files - what do you mean? actual files with a .mp4 at the end - or a folder? Can you tell us what the files are named? the more info the better :)

do they have sizes next to them? that file type is a DVD format....

have I recorded it wrong? if so is there no way of replaying what I recorded just to view

Try another test video even indoors and see if you get any files. Can you remember if you set it up to record mp4 or move files?

I didnt do anything im afraid, too excited, just pressed record

What should I set it up as?

I'd urge you to go through the manual another 2 times and watch all the p3 setup videos before you go any further. We hear of a lot of smashed phantoms within the first few flights because new owners have just gone out and flown them without learning the basics first. It's never nice reading of new owners very expensive crashes.

Reactions: mick
@mick Well if you plug your sd card into your computer a window should open up , unless you're on a mac and head into finder. Also once you get your sd card folder open you can play from the folder...

I have my sd card plugged into my computer and the folder open, when i click on the 1st file( idx00 ) it opens up a window asking what program I want to use to open this file, whenever I click on windows media player or any of the other options, it says it can,t open the file in that application, any ideas?

Just found these 2 files attached, still cant play them though

Attachments

• aaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaa.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 318
Those are the video files from the P3. I'm guessing you used that SD card in another device and they the other files were generated that way. You either need software that will play a .mov file (Apple QuickTime) or you need to change the type of video file the P3 creates to .mpg. This is done in settings. I'd recommend changing to mpg, Apple QuickTime is just plain nasty.

Those are picture files.... .jpg (and by the size they appear to be thumbnails)- it appears you might be hitting the take picture button rather than the record video button. The file sizes you're looking for will be several hundred or thousand MB's not KB's

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic