Newbie Help

Reaction score
Ok so don't laugh. Just bought a used Phantom 2 as my first drone. Have yet to put it in the air. I won't be able to use the camera because it didn't come with the zenmuse H3-2d video connection cable. While watching you tube videos I realised that there is another chip I may be missing but I'm not sure. There is a TCX 1438 Hub with an open 8 pin port. By looking at a schematic I found that is is for a Can-bus. But I'm not sure if I need it or the anti interference chip that also wasn't including . Please give me some pointers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190101-204236.jpg
    Screenshot_20190101-204236.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_20190102_131746.jpg
    IMG_20190102_131746.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 280
  • IMG_20190102_131758__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20190102_131758__01__01.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 262
Anti interference chip ?

Never heard of that, do you get FPV?
Canbus is for adding telemetry data to the FPV feed

This is an anti interference chip .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190101-204236.jpg
    Screenshot_20190101-204236.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 193
Ok so don't laugh. Just bought a used Phantom 2 as my first drone. Have yet to put it in the air. I won't be able to use the camera because it didn't come with the zenmuse H3-2d video connection cable. While watching you tube videos I realised that there is another chip I may be missing but I'm not sure. There is a TCX 1438 Hub with an open 8 pin port. By looking at a schematic I found that is is for a Can-bus. But I'm not sure if I need it or the anti interference chip that also wasn't including . Please give me some pointers

Your first photo is that of interference board. The second is of the external connection board which feeds the H3-2D gimbal and the video transmitter. Looking at the second photo shows you have everything you need to run the FPV system.

You may have to open up the P2 shell to see if it is connected properly. Myself, I connected Mini osd module inside the P2 and never used the HUB board as you can see in my second photo. The only external components on the P2 were the transmitter, gimbal, and camera.
Phantom 2 board.jpg
IMG_0016.jpg
IMG_1554.jpg

When the P2 first came out and FPV systems were available Some suppliers had harnesses made up to interconnect all the equipment which today are no longer available. So if you want to go into a full FPV system you need to hard wire (solder) connections unless it's already been done by the person who sold it to you. The OSD socket on the HUB is up to you if you what to use it. I just happen to like a clean operation which means less drag.

Ok thank you the one pic of the wenmuse video connection cable is a piece that I need . I don't have that yet.

Ok thank you the one pic of the wenmuse video connection cable is a piece that I need . I don't have that yet.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the ANTI_INTERFERENCE module really doesn't work all that at canceling noise in the video. But a ground wire from the metal USB connector going into the camera will cut the noise levels in the video. I use a wire from a flexible USB cable and ran it up into the shell attaching to B- ground. There needs to be enough outside the shell for movement of the camera. The noise is not generated in the video itself but can be seen on your monitor while in flight.

Could you show a picture of that?

When I posted about grounding the USB connector I forgot you have the H3-2D which uses a 30 pin connector that plugs into the back of the GoPro. After looking at my H3-2D it will not be easy to ground that connector as the four screws hold the main cover are hard to remove. The two screws holding the bracket over the connector will come out but the connector itself is glued to ribbon board assembly which makes soldering impossible. I have two gimbals and am using the H3-3D on my P2.
IMG_0316.jpg
IMG_0313.jpg
IMG_0314.jpg

That"s a counterweight Velcroed to the back of the camera plate. You'll also notice I am using only two zip ties instead of the plastic tie downs that came with the gimbal.

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 176
When I posted about grounding the USB connector I forgot you have the H3-2D which uses a 30 pin connector that plugs into the back of the GoPro. After looking at my H3-2D it will not be easy to ground that connector as the four screws hold the main cover are hard to remove. The two screws holding the bracket over the connector will come out but the connector itself is glued to ribbon board assembly which makes soldering impossible. I have two gimbals and am using the H3-3D on my P2.View attachment 106971 View attachment 106969View attachment 106970

That"s a counterweight Velcroed to the back of the camera plate. You'll also notice I am using only two zip ties instead of the plastic tie downs that came with the gimbal.
Excuse me for asking Jason but why do you have a counterweight on the back of your gimbal?
I have the same one and haven't seen that before...

I used the counter weight there to see if it would correct the problem with the gimbal on windy days> I should probably place it on the tilt motor arm instead.

I used the counter weight there to see if it would correct the problem with the gimbal on windy days> I should probably place it on the tilt motor arm instead.
Well if you are needing a counterweight that just tells me that one of your motors on your gimbal is going out.
As I mentioned before I have the same one and as soon as my P2 starts up that gimbal locks into place and stays that way GoPro or no GoPro...
The only time I had it "flapping in the wind" was when I was waiting replacement parts and pulled the power and data cable from the gimbal...
If you might need some parts give me yell... I might have just what you need...

Well if you are needing a counterweight that just tells me that one of your motors on your gimbal is going out.
As I mentioned before I have the same one and as soon as my P2 starts up that gimbal locks into place and stays that way GoPro or no GoPro...
The only time I had it "flapping in the wind" was when I was waiting replacement parts and pulled the power and data cable from the gimbal...
If you might need some parts give me yell... I might have just what you need...

The gimbal startup sequence will not work without a camera attached to the gimbal. As for the placement of the counter weight or the problem with the gimbal has nothing to do with the motor it's strictly with the balance.

The gimbal startup sequence will not work without a camera attached to the gimbal. As for the placement of the counter weight or the problem with the gimbal has nothing to do with the motor it's strictly with the balance.
My apologies

Was just trying to help is all... It's just something I have been doing for a long time now...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl