New UK Regulations announced

All well and good and may discourage the casual user, but by the very nature of the fact that someone is doing something illegal will probably have little impact on someone who purposefully sets out to do something. They are hardly going to register the drone in the first place.

I also hope the police get some training in this and actually use some common sense.

Reactions: grin factor
Again it’s the decent ones who suffer. Criminals don’t give a hoot about any laws, they do what they want, and for 5he majority of time get away with it.
It’s all huff and puff from the government.

Reactions: Capt. Joe
Again it’s the decent ones who suffer. Criminals don’t give a hoot about any laws, they do what they want, and for 5he majority of time get away with it.
It’s all huff and puff from the government.
couldn't agree more.
So the business correspondent analysis includes the comment
"...But drone misuse is now a hot topic, so announcing these measures now, and widening the exclusion zone around airports, may help draw off some of the political flak. ..."
Great. So we're on a tiny flippin island and exclusion zones might increase as a knee-jerk, leaving us squeezed even more (with how much REAL effect on reducing the likelihood of crime???). In a small while we'll all need to come on here and book a car park space in the only car park near the one area left we can fly from. See you there

Been a HAB Part61 CFI for twenty years the LTA community polices itself and organizations from within including being a proffessional being born in the UK I sympathize with the situation. Perhaps the locals could form an organization simular to the British Balloon and Airship Club which sets examples and stands out as a self policing body.
Just my two pence worth.

TC

All well and good and may discourage the casual user, but by the very nature of the fact that someone is doing something illegal will probably have little impact on someone who purposefully sets out to do something. They are hardly going to register the drone in the first place.

I also hope the police get some training in this and actually use some common sense.
Starting to sound like guns. We should start the NDA, the National Drone Association. WE could talk about Drone Control and dis-droning the public (see what I did there?). WE could eventually become powerful enough to own entire political parties and tell 'em what to do.

I am drunk with power and I haven't even started yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.