New to the game and already discouraged.

Maybe I'm over my head. Am I the only one that felt or feels like this?

I know how you feel, David. I was surprised that a massive manual wasn't wedged in the box. But in the interests of the trees it's an online manual, which you can print out. My tip is to print the pages you need and highlight the bits that are important to you. If you're like me, you're not going to want to downgrade to a lower model to start learning - I'm an all-in kind of guy. That's fine. Just take it easy when you start out. Small steps. Just because the P3 moves fast doesn't mean that you have to push the limits at first, if at all. I would suggest watching loads of YouTube videos and get an understanding in your head before you fly. And read posts on this forum as often as you can - it's awesome for knowledge. Like the replies state here - you'll be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm new to the game as well. I certainly found the process quite confusing with having to check everything is good to go along with the updating. Once your past these hurdles and you've done it once I find you tend to get a bit more confidence.

Maybe no one's watching anymore on this thread, but... I think everyone here had their trials getting the phantom in the air (and in control). I found that being very new to this, but many years in RC, that it's a whole new learning curve. I think that once you get past the software and compatability of your devices the thing is extremely easy to fly. I hope that helps.

Feeling better about the purchase. I tried to install the DJI Go app on my iphone. I found that its not possible to upgrade my iphone 4 to 8.0 or higher for the app. My ipad would work but will not fit in the cradle. What are some of you using to display the app?

Your iPad should fit unless you have an iPad Pro. Make sure the tabs on the side are up and out of the way and the top arm is extended all the way up.

Feeling better about the purchase. I tried to install the DJI Go app on my iphone. I found that its not possible to upgrade my iphone 4 to 8.0 or higher for the app. My ipad would work but will not fit in the cradle. What are some of you using to display the app?
I started with my iPhone 6+ but decided I wanted a bigger screen. I went with the iPad mini4 wifi + cellular and 64GB. Works great... Not too heavy but shows more detail.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik