New to the forum

Raining here too. I was in your same situation. My bird got dropped off by UPS and the rain started 5 mins after and it rained for 3 days straight. I must have read the manual 30x however it made me much more
Prepared
Same here, I feel like I've flown it a dozen times from reading the manual and the youtube videos.. :)

That's it. Being educated about the bird and the way it operates, reacts and thinks makes you more confident and less jittery. Which then equals better shots and a more enjoyable experience! I'm glad I was stuck in a flood with my new P3

That's it. Being educated about the bird and the way it operates, reacts and thinks makes you more confident and less jittery. Which then equals better shots and a more enjoyable experience! I'm glad I was stuck in a flood with my new P3
I'm a pretty good heli pilot but like anything else this is new to me so I just tend to temed at first. Kind of like the pucker factor when you first try 3D flight or anything new at first. Might just run out side between down pours and chuck it in the air... lol

Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing!! ;-)
I Did all the recent updates, & never even had a hiccup.
Perhaps, A few too many updates, for such a new craft...
She flies very clean, reacts to all my radio input, as it should.
Not sure what all the fuss is about, as I never experienced what those others are referring to, as being negative...
I tried Return To Home, and took over its landing, as it was going down a bit further away than where I preferred it to touch down. Aside from this... Very happy here. Complete confidence within her, still.

RedHotPoker

Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing!! ;-)
I Did all the recent updates, & never even had a hiccup.
Perhaps, A few too many updates, for such a new craft...
She flies very clean, reacts to all my radio input, as it should.
Not sure what all the fuss is about, as I never experienced what those others are referring to, as being negative...
I tried Return To Home, and took over its landing, as it was going down a bit further away than where I preferred it to touch down. Aside from this... Very happy here. Complete confidence within her, still.

RedHotPoker
Thanks for the help RedHotPoker, what the heck I am rained in and just getting into trouble in other areas so I might as well be productive. Think I might give it a go and update it since there are no fights on it. I did get on the sim for it and OMG this thing is so boring of a sim. It's very good for someone who has no flight experience but at the same time (I have not flown my P3 yet) does it fly that smooth or is it giving a false sence to new pilots.

Thanks for the help RedHotPoker, what the heck I am rained in and just getting into trouble in other areas so I might as well be productive. Think I might give it a go and update it since there are no fights on it. I did get on the sim for it and OMG this thing is so boring of a sim. It's very good for someone who has no flight experience but at the same time (I have not flown my P3 yet) does it fly that smooth or is it giving a false sence to new pilots.

My Bird hasn't arrived yet :( I live in the UK is the shipping dates spot on DJI are quoting I bought it direct.

Its STUPID stable! Really not too terribly far off from the sim. Other than adding the POV ability. Its "funner" to fly through the camera! But Ive always had someone else around to keep an eye open for close stuff I might miss with the limited FOV

My Bird hasn't arrived yet :( I live in the UK is the shipping dates spot on DJI are quoting I bought it direct.
I am actually a dealer for Century Helicopters, they shipped mine to me very fast. So being on the customer side I would say you should have yours spot on.

Its STUPID stable! Really not too terribly far off from the sim. Other than adding the POV ability. Its "funner" to fly through the camera! But Ive always had someone else around to keep an eye open for close stuff I might miss with the limited FOV
Can't wait to get out and try it, have been wanting to strap a fpv on the heli but just waited for this model to come out.

Reactions: Steve Moore
Seems like their direct shipping can take a bit longer than expected, but at least your Phantom should have been updated already with the latest Firmware.
I waited 6+wks for my Phantom 3 Pro' to arrive, but I purchased through a local hobby shop, so was always at the mercy of DJI, as to when they shipped the orders out. We still haven't recieved any info on when some intelligent batteries may be shipped up. That's a little disconcerting, considering the expense we all went through to buy the Phantom 3's in the first place. Not to have extra batteries, seems almost laughable, if not tragic. The world wide demand for the awesome new product, surely far outweighed the expected supplies. It must be nice, being the most popular new kid in town... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Seems like their direct shipping can take a bit longer than expected, but at least your Phantom should have been updated already with the latest Firmware.
I waited 6+wks for my Phantom 3 Pro' to arrive, but I purchased through a local hobby shop, so was always at the mercy of DJI, as to when they shipped the orders out. We still haven't recieved any info on when some intelligent batteries may be shipped up. That's a little disconcerting, considering the expense we all went through to buy the Phantom 3's in the first place. Not to have extra batteries, seems almost laughable, if not tragic. The world wide demand for the awesome new product, surely far outweighed the expected supplies. It must be nice, being the most popular new kid in town... ;-)

RedHotPoker
Have your local dealer check, I bought an extra battery for mine. Century helicopters is a distributor for them in the USA. If need be I can get you one.

These guys already sold me, my Phantom 3 Pro'.
And have offered us customers, any intelligent batteries purchased through them, for half price, their store retail price. That deal, can not be had anywhere, even at these Canadian inflated prices. So I tend to keep on, hanging on, waiting, patiently, or not...!! Ordered 4, recieved none. Yet.

It's only a matter of TIME!!

RedHotPoker

These guys already sold me, my Phantom 3 Pro'.
And have offered us customers, any intelligent batteries purchased through them, for half price, their store retail price. That deal, can not be had anywhere, even at these Canadian inflated prices. So I tend to keep on, hanging on, waiting, patiently, or not...!! Ordered 4, recieved none. Yet.

It's only a matter of TIME!!

RedHotPoker
I completely understand, I am not tying to sell on here but if there holding out on you guys up north the neighborly thing to do is try to help...

Two batteries for $194.99. That's where I am at...
I know no one else has that deal, I can find. Plus the customer service here is unbeatable. Win-win... The wait-wait get's old quick.
Try not to think about it... Just think. ;-)
Not sure what the DJI reasoning is, for the prolonged delay in shipping us, up some batteries...??

RedHotPoker

Two batteries for $194.99. That's where I am at...
I know no one else has that deal, I can find. Plus the customer service here is unbeatable. Win-win... The wait-wait get's old quick.
Try not to think about it... Just think. ;-)
Not sure what the DJI reasoning is, for the prolonged delay in shipping us, up some batteries...??

RedHotPoker
Very nice,

Yeah, if all four intelligent batteries showed up at once, it would be amazing. Not really looking forward to the first ten minute flights, for ten flights each. That will be a chore to record all the data, over and over again. I suppose I could leave if up to the battery brain's, to keep track...

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues