New to dji. Want to meet fellow flyers in devon / cornwall UK

If the weather is permitting how about a BBq here in N. Devon on a Sunday in the next few weeks, and some awesome coastal and rural flyingand filming . . . .plus a meet-up with one can of beer??

Reactions: monkeychops
Hi all, just registered on site. Have had my Phantom 3 Professional for around two months. I live in Exeter and work in Torquay would be good to meet up and possibly form a small group of local flyers where we can exchange tips and good locations to fly from. Also looking at getting my commercial license, but plan on getting more flying time under my belt so to speak.
Hi, I live in Torquay and would like to meet up with other phantom pilots.

Sounds cool, yes I'd be up for a meet, likewise if you are ever in the Torbay area. Fireworks night is upon us and im planning to get some nice footage of the fireworks in a safe location (probably above the ocean - looking towards the crowds etc)

Perhaps linking up via facebook might be a good option? PM me your details if your happy with that and ill add you.

Jason

Hi:

Don't know if this thread is still active. I live in Totnes with a Standard 3. Neil

Hi welcome to the forum! I'm based in Exeter myself. Been flying well over a year now. Try to get out at least once a week, unfortunately there is not really any groups round here that I'm aware of. There's a few RC clubs around here but not really drone friendly... more of a conventional RC club. What are you flying if you don't mind my asking?

If anyone is keen too I would be game for a meet... could get a big group together..

I'm interested in drones and have broken 2 albeit cheap models under £50
Now wishing to upgrade to more serious models I'd be keen to meet members to exchange tips.
I'm thinking on eventually spending about £500 on a phantom model
What I have is a field of about 4 acres and am 20 miles north of Exeter

Hi I'm new to multicopters and just want to say hi to everyone and see if there are any fellow flyers in the Southwest UK. I'm currently in Plymouth and looking to gain more information and tips and tricks to the hobby. Get in touch if your local of you can direct me towards groups close to me. Many thanks.

Hi to all based on south Devon. I posted this before but received only two replies. As there seems a lot of interest in setting up a South Devon (UK) drone club I have been traveling around researching possibl;e sites and may have found one oer two. I need more interest in this before approcahing landowners. Please contact me if you are interested.
My first post:
I've been flying model aircraft for many years at various clubs in south Devon at: Newton Abbot and Exeter horse race tracks, a Club field neat Marldon Paignton, (all types of aircraft) a farm on cliffs near Brixam and Haytor on Dartmoor (Glides only, no props allowed) and for indoor flying at Kingsteignton Indoor bowling club (now closed and is a Fitness Centre. Thought I haven’t been flying RC aircraft for a few years I have recently bought two drones. A small Hubsan H107D X4 for learning indoors with and a Syma X8HG with 8Mp camera (also takes a GoPro which I have). I bought the Syma to help with my other hobby, metal detecting as it can be used to get aerial views of the detecting location to see if there are any interesting crop marks. So far only flown the Hubsan indoors and the Syma in my garden, so looking for suitable outdoor space to learn to fly the Syma when weather improves. In the past I have started and run several clubs and am contemplating starting a Drone Club here in south Devon. Just need to find a suitable location. Who’s interested ? Contact me via [email protected] if you are. If there’s enough South Devon potential members I will arrange a meet where we can have a drink and discuss the idea (by the way, most aircraft model flying clubs don’t allow drones.

Hi I am way down in SW Cornwall. Just purchased Phantom 3 Standard and learning controls. I mean really basic - still looking at the manual. ☺ Would be interested in meeting ups in the spring.
Cheers

Hi I am way down in SW Cornwall. Just purchased Phantom 3 Standard and learning controls. I mean really basic - still looking at the manual. ☺ Would be interested in meeting ups in the spring.
Cheers
Hi, Thanks for your interest in a Devon Drone Club, I am still looking for a suitable site, have a few more to survey. Will post details on the forum if I secure a site. Meanwhile I have set up a Devon Drone Club Facebook page at: Security Check Required
Best Wishes. Tony.

HI Tony. Thank you for your reply and good luck with finding the site. I am actually looking for something a bit closer to home. Devon a long way from Penzance! Fellow Cornwall pilots out there?

Hi everyone, im from bideford, north devon and just became the prowd owner of a phantom 3 advanced. Had a parrot ar drone before so quite a big jump. Cant wait for a decent day now to get airborne!

Hi there im in Barnstaple Have a p3 pro . Onlt been out a few times. Looking for some good areas to fly !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers