New Rules Proposed by CASA

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 353
You don't need a licence to fly for recreation but it's a good idea to get the ARN before they make it compulsory and start charging for it.
CASA will also keep you updated to rules and regs if they have your details.

Reactions: Loz
You don't need a licence to fly for recreation but it's a good idea to get the ARN before they make it compulsory and start charging for it.
CASA will also keep you updated to rules and regs if they have your details.
So, what do I need to do to get an ARN?

Do I need to be a citizen or PR holder?

My brother is on tourist visa, can he also apply for ARN?

So, what do I need to do to get an ARN?

Do I need to be a citizen or PR holder?

My brother is on tourist visa, can he also apply for ARN?

I’d add an ARN is really just a reference number as it says, just like a bank account number - unique to you, and the unique number CASA will use to communicate and reference you. The requirements for what one need are all there on the CASA site, the link to which was provided earlier. Hope this helps clarify.

Reactions: Phill2
I’d add an ARN is really just a reference number as it says, just like a bank account number - unique to you, and the unique number CASA will use to communicate and reference you. The requirements for what one need are all there on the CASA site, the link to which was provided earlier. Hope this helps clarify.

I'd add that if you have one you're supposed to display it on your drone.
No doubt for enforcement.

Reactions: Loz
Latest from CASA
Registration is held up by the virus.

Remotely piloted aircraft registration and accreditation - further assistance for industry
On 24 March 2020, CASA announced a suite of measures to alleviate pressure on Australian RPA operators while ensuring the ongoing safety of aviation.
COVID-19 is expected to continue to disrupt business and operations for some time, so we are putting in place further measures to assist the RPAS industry.
Drone registration for commercial operators and excluded category operators was scheduled to commence on 1 April 2020 in line with legislation that was passed in July 2019.
The government has agreed to defer mandatory drone registration and accreditation until 30 September 2020.
Recreational drone registration and accreditation is still expected to commence in 2022.
Subscribe to our mailing list for further updates on drone registration and accreditation.
Regards,
Shane Carmody
Chief Executive Officer and Director of Aviation Safety

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.